Any bargain HD-DVD players left.....?

marts500

Novice Member
As i was passing the little 2nd handshop round the corner from me today i noticed a box full of 40 HD-DVD discsfor £40!!

I have a Blu-Ray player but am mightly tempted to buy a HD player from somewhere and this bargain bumper box of discs.Where should i start looking for a supercheap player.Are there any online deals and also where will the best place be to hoover up any bargain HD discs later on?

Cheers

johnelf

Standard Member
Hi

I saw PC World last week were selling the X Box 360 HD DVD Player for around £25 on memory.

Might be a good excuse for a 360, if you do not have one.:D

Good Luck

John

Nic Rhodes

As i was passing the little 2nd handshop round the corner from me today i noticed a box full of 40 HD-DVD discsfor £40!!

I have a Blu-Ray player but am mightly tempted to buy a HD player from somewhere and this bargain bumper box of discs.Where should i start looking for a supercheap player.Are there any online deals and also where will the best place be to hoover up any bargain HD discs later on?

Cheers
Where do you live? :rolleyes: Bargain...

Ebolebola

Novice Member
Not tellin'....thats a thought,i hope they aren't all empty boxes.

I'm goin round in the morning dead casual and i'll offer him £35

Whoo-ooh!
I'm betting my ass the box's already sold!

dan_n_out

Novice Member
Even if you don't get a player, I'm sure lots of people round here will be willing to take the discs off your hands. Me included, 76 titles just isn't enough :), I want more!

boltoa

Now you've gone and done it.

I've just bought an EP30 on ebay for £46. Badly listed - no model in the listing title, but obviously an EP30 from specs and picture. Bargain.

Now I'm going to be trawling Oxfams looking for boxes of discs :)

gixxerman

Novice Member
I just took DHL delivery of a brand new XBox 360 HD DVD add-on and an HD DVD movie I wanted from Amazon Germany for £21.

I'll probably tuck it away in case of accident/breakdowns but last time I had one it made an excellent PC HD DVD ROM drive.

bertha

play have the ep30 for 49.99 new which seems decent to me

cheers

berth

:D Just bought an EP35 from Germany via Ebay for £85 inc P&P

bertha

Unfortunately they are out of stock, and have been for some time now. :(
DOH!

Hey Zorgon - worth trying out a R1 disc it might have region free firmware on it if you are Uber Lucky

well played

berth:)

DOH!

Hey Zorgon - worth trying out a R1 disc it might have region free firmware on it if you are Uber Lucky

well played

Are you saying German sourced EP35's are region free? My UK Ep30 certainly isn't.

daredevill

went into comet while on holiday in weymouth last week and saw a E1 for £45 on display said to the sales guy about it and he said round the corner conected to a lcd was a EP30 for £45 as well, before he could finish me wallet was already open !!

Great buy. They are still around you just have to look

kingfats

Distinguished Member
went into comet while on holiday in weymouth last week and saw a E1 for £45 on display said to the sales guy about it and he said round the corner conected to a lcd was a EP30 for £45 as well, before he could finish me wallet was already open !!

Great buy. They are still around you just have to look
Hi daredevill. :)
There's still a couple of E1's here and there round my way as well :smashin: what have thought it's getting near the end of stock levels now though.
All the best.

bertha

Are you saying German sourced EP35's are region free? My UK Ep30 certainly isn't.
Hi zorgon - I've read of a few guys who have bought their ep30/ep35 hd players from europe, Germany and Switzerland in particular who's machines have been converted to be region free out of the box, at an additional charge it has to be said..

If I come across any relevant info I'll let you know

All the best

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hello everybody peeps, I am new to your AV Forums and this is my 1st post, I will try and keep it as short and sweet as I can, basically, are there any HD-XE1's or possibly HD-EP35's left out there in shopping land. I would prefer the HD-XE1 as it's the flagship model and can be FW upgraded for Multi Region DVD, whereas the HD_EP35 cannot, at the moment, I think. Essentially though, does anybody know if there are any left to buy as NEW, if not then I can look to purchase a MINT 2nd hander at a push, from ebay or the classifieds here, but I'm not gonna go this route until I know for certain that I wont be able to get a NEW unit.

Also, if I can't get either of these units NEW ( but hope that's not the case ), could anybody recommend any other HD-DVD players from another manufacturer which would be comparable to the HD-XE1. Don't know why I didn't buy one a few months ago when they were almost giving them away, probably coz I am stupid !!

Cheers :thumbsup:
Hi :) and welcome to the forum. :smashin:
Amazon usually have them in,very hard to find a bargain now though.
The E1 can still be picked up here and there in Comet,etc (£45?) :cool: can be made region free like the XE1.
A ll the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch

They probably haven't made any XE1s for at least six months, so you'll be very lucky to find any still available. Ebay would be your best bet - I got a minter for £200 a couple of months ago. ;):smashin:

Steve

BungyBoy

Standard Member
I managed to pick up an EP30 in John Lewis yesterday for £49.50 to go with the E1 I got in there for £34 a couple of weeks ago.

They have a clearance section and I just check back every now and then to see what is on offer.

Nuck_the_king

I also managed to get one in John Lewis; well, Peter Jones in London; but same thing.

It was ex-display and "as is": so no box, manual, or remote; but they included their 2-year parts & labour warranty: and for £25!

I've downloaded the manual: now all I have to do is find someone with a spare remote......;)...there was a helpful suggestion on the EP30 forum that someone had a spare EP35 remote; will this work just as well?

Nuck.

Dutch

...there was a helpful suggestion on the EP30 forum that someone had a spare EP35 remote; will this work just as well?

Nuck.
I'm fairly sure an EP35 remote would work an EP30 perfectly well. :)

Steve

Rob100

Novice Member
I've downloaded the manual: now all I have to do is find someone with a spare remote......;)...there was a helpful suggestion on the EP30 forum that someone had a spare EP35 remote; will this work just as well?
All Toshiba HD DVD players use the same remote codes. Drove me crazy when I had two player in the same system a few weeks ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett