1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any bad experiences with Hitachi's 1 yr warranty?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by johann1979, Oct 14, 2005.

1. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

It seems like I'll be going for the Hitachi PJ-TX100 as it is a real bargain now - to be honest there is only ONE thing that is really make me think twice about it and that is the 1 year warranty offered on the machine - the norm seems to be 3 years - anybody had any bad experiences with the short warranty and/or the TX100 in particular?

Cheers guys :)

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Touch wood I've had no issue with the TX. If you do some digging I think you'll find horror stories like the Panny's but you'll also find examples where they've been very good, I think UrbanT said his first experience was very good.

The TX is a quality machine. The only downside is that if it gets dust in it the case is extremely difficult to take off so it is usually back to base for a clean. Moreover there are reports that after being cleaned even the so-called experts can't fit the case back properly so it snags the optical lens shift mechanism.

This all sounds like bad news but don't be put off. The TX100 is the best 1K I've ever spent on anything. Period.

Go for it, you only live once!...PJ

3. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    2 right. Mine came back messed up but did get sorted quiet fast (4 day turn around) when they admitted it was wrong.

I will 2nd that as well.

Can’t wait to get mine set back up. (Had house replastered been in a black bag in a box for 2 months)