Any AX10 owners or any body please answer this?

Hoddle63

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have watched 2 films on the new amp, Gladiator(DTS-ES) and Lord of The Rings (DD-EX).
BUT, on the front panel of the amp it just says DTS and DIGITAL.

Does this mean it is not setup right and the extra middle rear is not in use or the does the amp just say either DD or DTS and not show ES or EX?,
phill

The AX10 does display the appropriate soundtrack formats clearly, i.e. if it says 'DTS' that's what you've got, and not DTS-ES.

You need to toggle through listening channel select and surround set-up functions. You'll find these on the main amp page on your remote commander. All in the manual... :)

Like Ive said on the title how long I,ve tried.
I wonder if it is something set up wrong on the DVD.
It has got to go back because the multi region doesnt work and the RGB picture is the worst. Could the DVD be wrong.
On the display panel of the amp there is no signal for the middle speakers (S). On the set up stage it comes up with the level setting so the amp knows theres a middle surround there.
Nothing is going right with the amp or 747, I know I,m feeling sorry for myself but what else can go wrong. All the things I,ve waited 3 months for, yes three months for wont work (, DD-Ex, DTS-ES, DVD-A, SACD, brilliant picture, R1 discs)

Phill:mad:

Don't know about the AX10, but my onkyo won't detect ES/EX DVDs when set to "auto".

I believe that the majority of ES/EX material is not flagged as such. So unless the AX10 can detect ES/EX without the flag being present you will need to select it manually.

HTH

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom