1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any AVer DVB-T users ? I got problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by probedb, Sep 3, 2004.

1. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    OK, I bought this card seeing as how it was quite a bit cheaper than the DigiTV but I've not been happy with it at all. Currently I've sent an email to AverMedia support and this is their last chance.

I have the latest drivers/software from their taiwan site (UK site isn't even up-to-date!!) and currently have these problems:

1. Even with a constant 78% signal strength channels often stutter and break up, they said it was the signal but it's the same strength as my set top box gets and no problems.

2. The software can no longer find any channels, it also crashes every time I do a quicks can :( Very frustrating.

Does anyone have these problems ? If not what software etc are you using ?

My puter is Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo, XP 2800+, 512Mb DDR333, Radeon 9800 Pro, 450w SilenX PSU etc etc all drivers are up-to-date.

CHeers !

Paul.

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Same problems here, the aver TV is nothing short of rubbish. I tried the card with many drivers and it failed to pick up many channels, changed the card to Nebula and low and behold all channels available on exactly the same hardware so definately these cards are sub standard. Do you self a favour and get your money back and invest in Nebula, it is much better value for money although costs more! Aver tech support tries to blame on everything but their card, dont listen and get shot of it. Mine is going back to where I bought it from.

3. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Cheers for the answer :)

The card is on it's way out of the machine...it'll have to be eBay I guess since I bought it a while a go.

DigiTV here I come !!

4. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I bought mine sometime ago as well but could not get it to work properly. I WILL get a refund as the goods are not of satisfactory quality etc etc.