Any app to send video from iPhone to a smart TV

MrMav11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have filebrowser app which can stream from NAS, Mac, PC etc and send to my apple TV. However it doesn't seem to send to my smart TV.

I've got an older Google/Android phone and all-cast app and that can "see" my TV and send video to it.

Is there an iOS app that can send to a smart TV from an iPhone, and bonus the video not be on my iPhone but on a NAS for example?

Thanks

I use Plex on my laptop to organise my media stuff and from the iPhone\iPad app you can use a Chromecast to send stuff to a telly. When casting like that your iPhone\iPad is basically a remote control as the video etc is streamed from the NAS\Laptop to the Chromecast.

Was hoping to not have to buy another device, like chromecast though. As I say using my Google phone and the all-cast app it can see my smart TV and can cast fine to it. I was hoping I could do the same on my iPhone

There must be a way, YouTube app works on my phone and then a little "cast" button allows you to send it to TV...

There must be a way, YouTube app works on my phone and then a little "cast" button allows you to send it to TV...
That's because your TV has a YouTube app.
Without the YouTube app on the TV the cast button wouldn't do anything.
How about an AppleTV then you can use AirPlay to send show on the TV.

That's because your TV has a YouTube app.
How about an AppleTV then you can use AirPlay to send show on the TV.
Ah ok so it basically uses the YouTube app then.

Yeh think I'm going to have to give in with this. Smart TV's aren't what I hoped it would be. Spent a lot on this TV to have a few easy shortcuts etc, but nothing really working eg Amazon prime app on smart TV stutters/buffers all the time on WiFi, where's the Netflix app works fine. Amazon very unhelpful so far, restart TV, restart router, connect wired....

Think I'll get a new aTV4. I have aTV3's and they work great. Never needed one in main living room, but might get one now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom