• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any american fridge freezer wizards about

mazoshi

Standard Member
ok i think my fridge freezer may not be working so came here for advice so heres the story.

went out and payed £400 for a samsung american fridge freezer got delivered and put in place at 1pm the otherday. left it off for 24 hours and turned on today at 1pm.

fridge temp set to 5°C (was at 17°C when turned on is now at 5°C)
freezer temp set to -25°C (was at 17°C when turned on but is at 16°C now and its 5:30pm)

so i don't think the freezer is working so i just phoned the shop and they said it take up to 12 hours for the freezer to start cooling once its on. anyone know if this is true.

the fridge i bought is an ex-display but it only had 1 small dint on it thats why it was so cheap.

model RSJ1FERS

anyway anyone shed some light on this please?

Last edited:

larkone

Distinguished Member
If the freezer does not feel very cold inside then it is not working so either reject it or ask for a replacement/repair. 4 hours is long enough to bring the temp down more than 1deg.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom