Any Alton Towers veterans out there?

SanPedro

How busy is it likely to be next Monday (3rd)?

Taking the family to the Peak district and have booked a day at the park on the Monday.

Am hoping that a lot of schools will be open again and that the park shouldn't be too busy.

:lease: tell me I'm going to be right?

johnny70

I could tell you that, but I would be lying:(

September is a very busy month there and in the Peak District too.

Sorry :rolleyes:

JOHNNY

Artie Fufkin

We were at Alton Towers just a couple of weeks ago and were so glad that we purchased "fast pass" - type tickets in advance. I believe you can buy them on the day if you're early arriving [they are limited and can sell out]. For an extra £5 each [I think] we by-passed the main queues for Oblivion, Rita, Flume, Nemesis and Air, but only once each ride. I highly recommend you get this if you can, I wouldn't contemplate going again without it.

SanPedro

We were at Alton Towers just a couple of weeks ago and were so glad that we purchased "fast pass" - type tickets in advance. I believe you can buy them on the day if you're early arriving [they are limited and can sell out]. For an extra £5 each [I think] we by-passed the main queues for Oblivion, Rita, Flume, Nemesis and Air, but only once each ride. I highly recommend you get this if you can, I wouldn't contemplate going again without it.

Looked on their website and if you want access to all the big rides the day ticket is an extra £10.

Typical rip-off Britain. Disney have a similar system except it costs nothing to use. You just book your 'fast pass' ticket for an allotted time and turn up at the head of the queue. You can only have one fast pass ride per hour but it's more than enough to cover all the main rides.

BrianC

I think kherm means the VIP tickets that do cost extra at Disney. These you just turn up at the top of the ride (usually via the exit) and get your VIP ticket stamped and you are straight on. No booking slots like with Disney fast pass. Well worth the extra cash.

From memory there are three different types, one for the family rides, one for the "adult" rides - these can only be used once per ride, and one that can be used for all rides multiple times. Above this you can book a proper VIP experience were you get shown around the park by a guide and ushered straight onto any of the rides but that costs loads.

Artie Fufkin

Disney's certainly a better and fairer system for sure.

I just looked at the Alton prices too, and it was actually an £8 difference for us booking in advance: Rita speeding ticket is £34, whereas a regular ticket is £26. I know it sucks paying extra, but it's well worth it to bypass queues of possibly over an hour each time.

SanPedro

Disney's certainly a better and fairer system for sure.

I just looked at the Alton prices too, and it was actually an £8 difference for us booking in advance: Rita speeding ticket is £34, whereas a regular ticket is £26. I know it sucks paying extra, but it's well worth it to bypass queues of possibly over an hour each time.

We must have been lucky... the online system wouldn't accept my card so I rang them up. They quoted me £24 a ticket.

Originally wanted a family ticket - seeing as the kids are still at school. Except Alton Towers classes them as adults. Good job I rang up.

There's nothing in the booking system to say how old 'children' have to be - except in the Ts and Cs, which is a bit naughty IMO.

dts_boy

i went on monday and did quite well - we had buy on get one half price vouchers so used them, also bought the fast passes. the lady on the ticket counter misread the vouchers so we actaully ended up with BOGOF:D
the park wasn't too busy either so we got to go on everything we wanted, a really nice day out!

SanPedro

i went on monday and did quite well - we had buy on get one half price vouchers so used them, also bought the fast passes. the lady on the ticket counter misread the vouchers so we actaully ended up with BOGOF:D
the park wasn't too busy either so we got to go on everything we wanted, a really nice day out!

That's what I want to hear :smashin:

Hopefully there's a lot of kids going back to school next week. Had a look at website listing dates of 'back to school' and it looks like 50% are back on Monday. Here's hoping.

signs

Banned
I took the kids (two) and the wife (one) ;) to Splash Landings last week £42.00 for an hour and a half :eek: to be fair you can stay all day if you like , just got fed up :(

it's not a bad option if it's raining. if you do go, ignore the signs and take your own food if your planning on staying a while you will save a fortune :smashin:

also i'm 30 mins from Alton, and the kids go back to school a week today

swanny78

Remember to take yer sat nav out of the car once you get there, alot get stolen from the car park. Read a story recently where the sat nav was stolen, they programmed home into it, drove there and robbed the house too :mad:

signs

Banned
Remember to take yer sat nav out of the car once you get there, alot get stolen from the car park. Read a story recently where the sat nav was stolen, they programmed home into it, drove there and robbed the house too :mad:

:eek: did the guy stop and get a McDonalds on the way ;):D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom