1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Advice

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mikeinsthelens, Jul 15, 2004.

1. mikeinsthelens

mikeinsthelens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am thinkink of investing in a Digital Camera. I know very little about them and was wondering which type to go for.

The main use would be just family occasions and holidays etc, but I do like a good quality picture.

My budget is £150-£200.

Any suggestions??

2. Peakoverload

Peakoverload

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I've just recommended the Fuji Finepix S5000 to a friend who is in exactly your position. For the money this is a cracking camera with a lens that offers an amazing 10x zoom (38-380mm!!! in old money ;) )

I know a number of people who have this camera including a few members of my website and the shots they are taking with it are really excellent.

You can pick up this camera for around £205 if you shop around on the Internet and it is enough of a camera for you to 'grow into' as your skills develop yet isnt too expensive to start off with and has a spec that most cameras in that price range just can't compete with. It's only weakness is that its 'only' 3 Mega Pixels but this is more than enough to create A4 prints and when you learn more about photography and the software used with it you can create much bigger prints (before I got my Canon EOS-10D I had a 3 Mega Pixel camera and was happily able to create prints at 15"x10").

For the money I honestly don't think you'll find a better camera, at least not new anyway.

HTH