Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Any advice on HDTV plasmas

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by san_marco, Jun 10, 2005.

1. san_marco

san_marco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking through all these threads for a couple of weeks now and i've been into numerous retailers even bang & olufsen (just for a lauhg) and i'm even more confused, i'm looking at all the different makes and models of a plasma tv and and want to go for up to 37".
    I also would like it to have HDTV, as ive got sky, and that the best picture quality ive been told. Is the Panasonic TH37PV500PED the best value one i can get? i Have seen it for just under £2000. Whats the sony ones like ie KDEP37XS1 has it got HDTV. Does hitachi, lg, jvc or nec do a HDTV? What about the Thomson 37PB220S4? it looks good for £1500.

What is progressive scan? Is it very important?

I'm also looking to hooking it up to a dvd recorder and home theatre system like the sony HTR6100 for around £400, are there other packages like that which have dual compatability and a high (RMS) output power?

I'm willing to spend around £2500. I would love some thoughts on it as i'm going mad.

Cheers

Marc