Any advice for me please?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Chris White, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I dont know a great deal about mp3 players, but the misses wants me to get her a mini pink ipod this xmas. Any body know where is the best/cheapest place to get a 2gb one?

also I might invest in a nano but am not sure.

Am i going to suffer badly with these 2 products?

2. junglebass

junglebass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "suffer" lol
    im not a fan of apple, i actually kinda hate it, but LOTS of people like it.....
    so im sure she will like it too
    if i could get nano for free id gladly take it and probably enjoy it but im not buying it

3. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I hate apple too, but I do think the Nano is about the best thing they have done. And I think it would be a far better bet than a Mini. Especially if you only need a 2gb one.

There is a class action suit over the nano in America now, apparently Apple knew about the problems before they shipped the player.

4. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris, take the above two posts with a pinch of salt as these are comments from avid apple haters full stop regardless of their products. The 'class ' action that Ian refers relates to just one individual who claiming that apple has sold a poor quality product, ...see here.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4370906.stm Although there have been a number of comments that the nano scratches more easily that the rest of the apple range but is apparently blamed on a faulty batch...if thats what you believe

I would suggest you do a search on this forum of the mini and the nano and you will find a bit of discussion on the pros and cons of each product, that way you will be able to make you mind up. Both products have the advantages from the slim, lighter (although more fragile) nano, which has a colour screen, to the larger, more resilient and black and white nano, you will probably be able to pick the mini up cheaper as it is discontinued and the nano will have better residual values should you consider selling in the future, anyway, goodluck with your choice

5. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys,

i would rather a normal mp3 player but like the look of nano and good connectivity to xbox360.

she wants a pink mini no matter what! typical women!¬

Thanks

Chris.

6. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take her to see a nano. She will probably change her mind.

If not, try KRCS. I saw the mini still in stock in their Nottingham shop last weekend.