• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Any advice for headphone connection from TV or Blu Ray player without any audio out?

nero0410

Distinguished Member
As title.

We really need some help with this one, preferably cost effective around £20-30 tops.

We have a samsung ue32eh4003 in the bedroom with a samsung BD-H6500 smart/wifi blu ray player, neither of which have audio connectors (phono, 3.5mm jack, etc....).

Ideally I'd like to have the two red and white phono's coming from the Tv or the Blu ray player so I can use some headphones with them.

There is a scart socket on the back of the Tv, so I may be able to get one of the switchable one's to get sound out of that, not sure if it works like that though as I'd need to have the sound only coming out of the headphones and not the tv.

I'm not sure if the blu ray player would work with some wifi headphones, if such a thing exsists.

The other thing I thought of was something like this:
eSynic 1080P HDMI Digital Signal to AV Composite 3 RCA: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
I have a good quality HDMI splitter with 1 HDMI in to two outs, so that may or may not work.

We found it strange when we first noticed the lack of a headphone socket on the Tv, should have done a little more research, but not needed it till now.

Does anyone have any other ideas/solutions?

Cheers

tris

EDIT: Just noticed in the manual that it has an optical output, so maybe something like this:
WINPOON Optical SPDIF Toslink Coaxial Digital to RCA L: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Would work?

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The convertor you linked to (if it works via your splitter) will give you analogue stereo out of the Bluray player but won't work connected to the TV as the HDMI on that is an input only.
You may get the TVs tuner audio out of the scart socket...some models do and some don't output the tuner but it will definitely not output the Bluray player's audio.
You can reduce the TVs volume to zero from the speaker, it won't affect the fixed line level audio from the scart socket (if it output's the tuner).

nero0410

Distinguished Member
The convertor you linked to (if it works via your splitter) will give you analogue stereo out of the Bluray player but won't work connected to the TV as the HDMI on that is an input only.
You may get the TVs tuner audio out of the scart socket...some models do and some don't output the tuner but it will definitely not output the Bluray player's audio.
You can reduce the TVs volume to zero from the speaker, it won't affect the fixed line level audio from the scart socket (if it output's the tuner).

Cheers.

Would that last item I linked (in the edit) work for just the Blu Ray player audio output?:
WINPOON Optical SPDIF Toslink Coaxial Digital to RCA L: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Or something similar?

It's probably going to be that I'm mainly using to watch Amazon Prime Instant Video and I've not really come across DAC converters as cheap as that before.

tris

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom