Any advice for connecting Denon AVR 1907 to an old aiwa HiFi aux input please

DarthPaul57

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to find an answer to whether it is possible to use any of the available outputs from my Denon AVR to connect to the AUX RCA inputs of an AIWA hifi i have located some distance away in another room.

I have tried reading the manual and have tried various connecting outputs and managed to get a very poor signal which output through the hifi but only at a very low volume.

My AVR does not have the Zone 2 output terminals as described in the manual? and i do not fully understand if i am losing something because its a long distance from the AVR to the HiFi (ie resistance in the cable or similar).

I am using standard two core cable with DIY RCA terminals and am just trying to get the same input source played through the AVR and HiFi at the same time.

I'm guessing the AVR speaker output posts should not be connected and plugged into RCA AUX inputs on the HiFi or is this a possibility, dont really want to experiment in case of damage but that would be the kind of thing I would try.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I have created a solution for my own problem by deciding to use an optical splitter and an optical converter which will give me the signal i need hopefully without any noticable delay.
so will close the thread.

Cheers

The VCR/CD-R outputs should do what you want. Although "some way" is completely subjective & we don't know how good or otherwise your DIY cable is.

The VCR/CD-R outputs should do what you want. Although "some way" is completely subjective & we don't know how good or otherwise your DIY cable is.
Thank you i did try those connections and this is embarrasing i just noticed when i tried what i am trying to acheive, playing spotify on my tv through my AVR and also on my HiFi at the same time that i may have set the volume on the spotify app to very low or even off as i just realised the app controls the TV volume and not the AVR volume so i will try again tomorrow when i wont wake up the rest of the house.

failing that i will go down the optical splitter route.🤞

playing spotify on my tv through my AVR and also on my HiFi
That may not work due to copy protection. Generally only analogue sources are output to tape loops to prevent copying of digital sources. Might be worth looking for a 1907 owners thread to ask there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom