• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any advice for a complete noob attempting his first App?

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I've had an idea for an App that I thought should have been included on the iPhone since day one, but seeing as Apple aren't doing one, and I beleive no-one else can unless using the 3.0 SDKI thought I'd give it a go - well, at least create my interface for now at least.

I'd rather not say what my App idea is, but I beleive it's currently impossible with the 2.2.1 SDK, although I'm hoping 3.0 SDK becomes free when the firmware comes out of beta - however, I have a few questions which I hope can be answered.

I've not done any programming since messing around with BASIC on a ZX Spectrum in my teens, and a little Visual Basic at college (I keep meaning to learn VBA though) - The Dev Center says you should be familiar with Objective C - I'm not, so how much would you think I need to know before diving in?

Is creating an App relatively straight forward? I mean, am I going to get tripped up by not knowing which line of code is putting a spanner in the works?

Can I lay claim to a name for it before I've even submitted it to Apple? ( I think I have belter and I'll be suprised if no-one has thought of it!)

Any recommended reading?

Thanks In Advance :)

achoudry

Prominent Member
came across this today which may be of interest to you...

it allows you to create an app using mainly html and javascript...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom