Any Acoustic Wall Panel Tiles that are also decent at light absorbing?

flyinmunky1

Established Member
Reaction score
I used Devore material on my ceiling covering a few feet out from screen which is excellent but attaching to the ceiling I did a pretty poor job.

Thinking of pulling it down doing a neater job. Was wondering if anyone has links to ready to go tiles or panels that I could easily fix to ceiling.

I'm rubbish at DIY so ideally looking for easy methods.

Could I just get Acoustic Wall Panel Tiles and get some spray adhesive them onto ceiling?

In terms of light absorbing are there any that come close to Devore material?

If not guess il just bite the bullet and try build proper frame panels.

Are you trying to improve the aestehtics or the acoustic performance in the room? Can you post a pic or two so I can see what you're trying to achieve?

Appreciate you hate DIY, but have you considered acoustic fabric with a track based system on the wall / ceiling?

When we do cinema installs (or feature walls) for customers, we install a track system, acoustic foam panels and materials to suit the decor. Really easy to do (once you've spent a few hours getting to grips with it!) and the results are stunning.

Are you trying to improve the aestehtics or the acoustic performance in the room? Can you post a pic or two so I can see what you're trying to achieve?

Appreciate you hate DIY, but have you considered acoustic fabric with a track based system on the wall / ceiling?

When we do cinema installs (or feature walls) for customers, we install a track system, acoustic foam panels and materials to suit the decor. Really easy to do (once you've spent a few hours getting to grips with it!) and the results are stunning

I mainly want to replace the poor job I did on the ceiling above the screen.

Would like a easy solution to cover a size of roughly 20x4feet with something that will give close to Devore material performance.

easiest option would be the stuff from www.abmuk.co.uk - the cinema blackout material they sell. Its very dark, not quite devore dark, but in a dark room not far off.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom