1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any A/V Source with white background makes picture go weird??!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DragonQ, May 27, 2005.

1. DragonQ

DragonQ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, this is a bit strange...

I only noticed this when I got my Freeview box. Basically, my setup is as follows:

DVD/Gamecube/PS2/N64/VCR/Freeview --> 6-Way Scart Box
    6-Way Scart Box --> RGB Scart Socket on TV

Great. But whenever the image displayed has mostly white (e.g. a white background with a random product in the middle), the whole picture moves downwards about 1/3 of the TV height, and I also get that weird high-pitched noise that normally means something's not right...

Anyway, I thought it was the Freeview box, but I tried another identical box and it was the same...hmmm...maybe faulty batch? It appears not - it happened in one of my games I was playing too.

Also, any A/V Input is displayed slightly off-centre (to the left). I can fix this using the PS2/GC but everything else just has a weird shifted picture (including Digibox). When playing a GC Game in 60Hz mode, it's shifted even more!

Is there a problem with my A/V Socket on the TV? Or is the TV Tube just dying? Any ideas on what's going on are appreciated!

Cheers.

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I have experienced the 'white picture noise' you speak of, and unless my memory is playing tricks with me all i did to cure it was to move the scart leads away from each other, if this isn't possible you could try a new scart lead(especially if your using the nasty one that came with the freeview box) something like an Ixos XFT02 for about £20.

Also have you tried toneing down you brightness and/or contrast levels on your tv to see if that helps

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the reason its shifted is because its an rgb signal, and your most likely not in rgb mode on your tv, try pressing the av button again (ie if its on av1, press av1 again and you might get rgb-av1).