Any 13" ultraportible recommendations?

Cobalt47

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys. Looking to buy a low voltage ultraportible before the end of the month for new term. To be used for coursework and viewing HD. Think for me 13" is the sweetspot for portability and use without getting eye strain.

Budget is about £400/450. Been looking at the Asus UL30(£399) at the carphone warehouse and the Toshiba T130(£400). But a little bit worried about the reports of the wi-fi not working on Asus as it is essential for when out and about so would be good to hear from anyone who owns one of these.

Not to knowledgeable about the ultraportable market at the moment so would really appreciate any suggestions of alternatives

Thanks Cobalt:)

I saw the Toshiba T130 in CPW and thought it looked pretty good - it uses a ULV dual core cpu so not high performance but should be good battery life.

- Simon.

Thanks Simon. That is more or less what the tech rader review said. Gave it 4 out of 5 but said it had the lowest benchmark score of the culv laptops they had tested lately.

Like the look of the Asus but the reports of the faulty wi-fi has kinda put me off it and features are probably more in important than the finish anyway. Although it does look sweet

What model did they test - you can get it with the dual core SU4100 which should be OK. There is also the Dell 13z which comes with the same SU4100 cpu for £479.

- Simon.

What a useless review - it doesn't list the spec of the laptop tested or give the benchmark results that they refer to...

Thats kinda what I thought. They could of least gave the spec and named the other ones they tested. That did annoy me a bit as it would of been good to have known what alternatives there are.

Thanks Simon.

Found that one last night when I was searching for a direct comparison between the two.

You have seen both in carphone. Which one do you prefer? Does the asus have a matt screen?

Thanks

Cobalt

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom