Ants!

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
Hello all,

We have been getting the odd ant in our new house the past few weeks, the past few days they are becoming more prominent and appearing on the kitchen sides. I've check the edge around the house and can't see where they are getting in so i presume they are under the house somewhere.

What's the best way of getting rid? We have 2 cats in the house so can't use anything poisonous. Anyone got any experience and any tips?

Ta.

bounce

We had ants in the house a couple of years back. We have load of nests in the old wall outside. Didn't want to put poison down with the kids around or mark the wood floor with the ant pens. Got these things from B&Q that look like an ice hockey puck with poison inside. You will notice that the ants always march about in the same place. You put the trap thing on their route. They pick up the poison as they think it is food and take it back to the nest. Kills the nest. Job done. Worked a treat for us. The kids/cats can't get at the nasty stuff as it is all enclosed.

Hope this helps.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
I had the same thing...I went around the perimeter of the house with powder and it looked a mess until it rained but afterward we had no more ants for the rest of the year.

bounce

Coffin

Distinguished Member
I had ants in my kitchen a few weeks back

They were attracted to a packet of dates

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
Cool, thanks! Sound perfect. Will acquire some of those and report back.

oska

I bought a spray thing of antstop and sprayed it around the edges of the house. Not had any back.

SyStemDeMoN

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom