anti-sub project needs an eq tweak..

chrisgeary

Prominent Member
Reaction score
my anti-sub project needs an eq tweak. basically, i have a nasty 33hz node in my room that my mains and rel strata sub just love to excite. i have a rel quake at the back of the room which works out of phase with the front speakers to control the amplitude of the offending room node and also removes the resonance associated with it. however, the quake has enough reach that it also cancels out the frequencies below 33hz that the strata so gorgeously generates. the quake also helps to regenerate the frequencies just above 33hz (up to around 50hz) that get cancelled by room acoustics.

so it works perfectly. what im looking for is ideas for ways to stop the quake from generating frequencies below 30hz or thereabouts. a parametric eq came to mind, but i wonder if the slope is sharp enough. are there electronics i can put in the signal path to sharply roll off the sub below 30hz?

btw, ive tried slam mode (which allegedly trades extension for power) and its just horrible - doesnt work at all.

thanks!

Chris

I think that you'll get more response in the speaker forum so I'll transfer it there in a while

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom