anti social behaviour..

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so a bit of advice really....

moved into our house in May of this year - no neighbour run ins or anything like that.

It seems though, in the past couple of nights, that a gang of kids have taken to egging our house for no apparant reason, i'm pretty sure its to get the dog to kick off as my car has been entirely untouched, but frankly its making the wife a little nervous as sometimes i work late and meet the lads on the odd weekend so she doesnt really want to be alone with this happening.

We had it on sunday night and again tonight (but not last night - all home watching the walking dead perhaps?).

So the question is, aside from reporting it to the police and local council, what other measures do you suggest...

so far we've (or plan to)...

rang the 101 non-emergency line both times and reported it - police advised us that its just that time of year but have supplied a crime number for both.
reported it to council on their anti-social behaviour line.
Will be ringing landlord tomorrow to get a security light installed as the front of ours is basically pitch black with no proper lighting (open driveway next to a small park type area - not really been an issue through summer but now dark nights are drawing in).

As it stands they only appear to be targetting our house but i dont really wanna go poking around the neighbours with a torch ;)

...any other suggestions - they always scarper before i can even reach the door after the first egg lands as a result, so far, ive only seen the little 'people' running away, all early to mid teens and on bikes.

cheers

Get a night vision IP camera, you can get them for ~£40 from Amazon for example and put it in the window. Then you'll hopefully catch the kids doing it and know it's not 80 year old Dorris from two doors down.

pretty sure 80 yr old doris isnt an early to mid-teen on a bike - youve given me an idea about the camera though ;)

Get the timings then you & a few mates sit in another car nearby when you clock them jump out and egg them.

Atleast you didn't buy it. Move and state to your landlord the reasons why.

thing is we like the house and for the most part the area is relatively decent... i'd prefer to solve the problem rather than walk away from it. Both timings have been different unfortunately or i'd be all over having a right go at them - main issue with this is its likely to antagonise further - feels like a bit of a no win situation at the moment... kick off and make it worse, ignore and let them get away with doing at will...??

Exactly.
Reacting will make it worse, ignoring it will make them think they can do it whenever they like.

I put up with it for over 6 years, the only ones who suffered were my family and me. I wish I moved a lot sooner but now I'm stuck.

Try not to let it get to you. Also ask the police and council if ASB has been reported before you moved in.
You can also look yourself at police.uk

Pick up your dogs poo, keep it bagged and in a bin to stop too much smell, if amd when you see the eggs start flying, make sure to lob a few bags of turd at them. What are they going to do, tell on you?

Assault with a smelly weapon?

Landlord is installing a couple of security lights and some fake cameras in the first instance apparently, rang them this morning and they were pretty good with us

Talk to the police, had an issue with kids kicking my back gate which faces onto a main road. After they broke it I called them then police actually came along and spoke to them (hard wean bravado!) And they've never been back, very happy.

police were supposed to be either coming over or ringing last night........no show, no call....

i'll keep reporting it and getting fresh numbers until it either stops post halloween or the police actually get down here to sort them out. Dont get me wrong, i'm all for getting outside and kicking off but ultimately its me that ends up in trouble if i do that.:rolleyes:

if you see them follow them and do it back to them and if 1 drives, crack a egg on the window vent of the car, they will soon know about it when they put the heating on

Very sensible :facepalm:

:D

Most likely in my experience, some local oiks, thinking they are clever in looking for reaction from someone, just keep reporting and whatever you do, keep it low key. I have seen to many oiks get what they want from the hard man approach. Mmm, Is it because of Halloween, more like coincidence in my experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom