Anti-reflective film/coating for TV screen?

DT79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a real issue with reflections from the windows on the TV screen in our lounge. It’s a 43” LG LED TV or fairly recent vintage. Due to various logistical considerations that it’s not worth going in to, neither the TV, nor my seat can be moved. I can close the curtains which helps, but that doesn’t resolve the issue entirely and is a bit of a PITA for every day TV viewing.

Can anyone recommend a good anti-reflective film that can be applied to the screen? Do they work?

Many screens already have an anti-reflective coating from the factory.

I don't have any experience with aftermarket ones but I'd expect them mainly to be able to help with situations where you're distracted by recognisable shapes in the darker area of the screen.

It sounds like the issue here may be that there's too much light being reflected from the screen, dropping the contrast to the point where it's hard to make stuff out. If that's the case then I suspect they won't help and may make the problem worse.

Do you have the backlight on the screen turned up to maximum?

Many screens already have an anti-reflective coating from the factory.

I don't have any experience with aftermarket ones but I'd expect them mainly to be able to help with situations where you're distracted by recognisable shapes in the darker area of the screen.

It sounds like the issue here may be that there's too much light being reflected from the screen, dropping the contrast to the point where it's hard to make stuff out. If that's the case then I suspect they won't help and may make the problem worse.

Do you have the backlight on the screen turned up to maximum?
Yes the problem is precisely too much light being reflected off the screen. I do have the backlight turned up to max.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom