Anti-Life Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Oh dear. Where did the 3/10 come from? There must be something redeeming here to warrant those three points.

Great review Cas , I did have a chuckle reading it . You kinda made me wanna give it a watch it now :D .

Came here hoping for a blisteringly cruel review of a terrible film - I will not leave disappointed. Thanks as always Cas!

You feeling ok Cas? You do know it's a Tuesday and not a Monday morning at 0600 right? :laugh: ..thanks for the review Sir, i feel as though i want to watch more than i should now.

OMG I just watched the trailer - Thomas Jane is great in The expanse? - right from the first shot the space ship looks terrible, as you say folk do better from the PC's in their bedrooms nowadays. Does somebody hold some incriminating information on Mr Willis or is he just lazy (having listened to Kevin Smiths first hand opinion Im very worried its the latter?

Bruce Willis is dead. Long live Bruce Willis.
When a review starts with, highlights and also ends in a negative usage of exception to the rule, watch out.
He's outlived his glory days trademark knowing smirk of self-awareness for decades. Why film makers haven't caught onto this only illustrates the fact that there's still money to be had from factory processed cheese - because let's face it, it'll be on the menu in every sense for most of his late night viewers. And yet, I always read synopses of movies and reviews with him in, in the vague hope that he's gone back to those caring pastoral fields of giving a damn. Sigh.
You'll be getting an honorary Red Cross badge for life hours saved, at this rate, Cas.

It's reverse psychology! You're warning me not to waste my time, but really making me waste my time.

A score of 5 and I would have said 'meh'. A score of 3 and a scathing review, I must see what all the fuss is about!

So bad, you have to see it then it's straight to landfill. On a lighter note, I feel the need to investigate the apparent lack of effect that high powered weapons don't have on the interior of spacecraft.

Well that's 92 minutes of my life saved - cheers for that Cas.
Saw one review that said it must be called Anti-Life as it's an abortion of a film.
Never really got the 'so bad it's good' logic myself.
If a film is drivel then I'll pass - there's plenty of good films I'll never get around to watching without subjecting myself to dross just to prove how right the critics were.

Thanks Cas,

As stated above time saved that I can put towards something worthy. My most humble thanks.

On the subject of films that are so bad they're good (kinda? sorta?), Die Hard 4.0 fell neatly into this category for me. Absolute howler and put Mr Willis neatly on the "Franchise flogged to death" pile.

Muchas Gracias!

See this is why we have reviews and listen to them. Spares me hours of waste in my life :)

hopefully the Segal, Willis, Cage movie gets green lit.

Hard To Die Angry. Theres no script yet, but since when has that stopped em. 😂

Your right about recent Bruce Wilis films I watched one on netflix a few months ago called Hard Kill absolute rubbish they just give him the parts to interest people in the movie I wish I'd checked the IMDB before I watched it, it got 3.7

Apart from Willis, it's got a reasonable cast in it.

I like Thomas Jane, he's not an outstanding actor but he's decent and very watchable. Shame he's ending up in dross like this.

Bruce Willis films are anti life ! Yuck.

Last decent one I saw him in was Pulp Fiction.

Few years back he was on that 'The Roast of' comedy channel show and they ripped him to shreds over his choice of the movies he takes, even his ex Demi slated him!! He just doesn't seem to give a <beep>..!!

Thanks for the review Cas. Damn, I like Thomas Jane. Hope it makes Amazon Prime for free then I can speed watch it!

Thanks Cas, im a sucker for scifi with a twist, the twist was there wasnt one
Sounding like the only way to add a meaningful twist would be a piece of Lemon in a prodigously large vodka & tonic!

“For starters, it's one of about none sci-fis that he's done other than Looper”

The Fifth Element?

“For starters, it's one of about none sci-fis that he's done other than Looper”

The Fifth Element?

Sure, mentally I think I'd plopped that one right under utter (comedy-)fantasy like Valerian, but technically they're both sci-fi yes.

Sure, mentally I think I'd plopped that one right under utter (comedy-)fantasy like Valerian, but technically they're both sci-fi yes.

Fair point!

Fair point!

I've edited the review just in case. Either way though, Bruce Willis + Sci-fi shouldn't necessarily have spelt BAD NEWS.

Up next on my agenda: Bruce Willis in the soon-to-be-sci-fi-classic COSMIC SIN (no, it's not a description of his latter career choices)

I've edited the review just in case. Either way though, Bruce Willis + Sci-fi shouldn't necessarily have spelt BAD NEWS.

Up next on my agenda: Bruce Willis in the soon-to-be-sci-fi-classic COSMIC SIN (no, it's not a description of his latter career choices)

I thought you were joking - just looked it up and it’s real.

I don’t know what I’m expecting to be worse now - that or Moonfall

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom