Anti Glare On Samsung Q9FN TV Issue

Hi my house is insured for propert all risks it has contents insurance but covered for fire and all risk damages.

It also has accidental breakage

Does this insursance cover this screen damage to the anti glare coating?

Thank you

As it additionally was an accident, the scratch from your daughter, yes I'd say your covered. You have tried to fix it and made it worse.

I'd certainly be claiming if I way in your position.

All the best,

Josh

Might be better off looking at the terms and conditions of your insurance before ringing.

Hi my house is insured for propert all risks it has contents insurance but covered for fire and all risk damages.

It also has accidental breakage

Does this insursance cover this screen damage to the anti glare coating?

Thank you

Give them a ring and ask.

Does home insurance cover this?

I have accidental damage cover so yes it would. As with any insurance policy it would depend on how you worded in the incident as to how easy the claim would be processed.

I have accidental damage cover so yes it would. As with any insurance policy it would depend on how you worded in the incident as to how easy the claim would be processed.

Yeah ne needs to word it perfectly or the Insurance scam companys will not pay out. OP will need to be very careful how he words it.

Hi! I’ve had what I think is a similar issue to the one posted here

E15B9D69-6A9B-445E-B050-55234C1BBD8B.jpeg

the mark on the screen is pretty difficult to see and just when the tb is turned off and the sunlight hit it at certain angle, even when I can see it, if I go closer to the tv or change my perspective I cannot distinguish it.

Tried with a microfiber cloth with no success, the tv is a Q70T brand new so not sure if my best choice is to call samsung and try to have a replacement :(

Im also thinking about trying the iso alcohol solution posted in this thread but I’m a bit scared, any advice??? Thanks!

Hi! I’ve had what I think is a similar issue to the one posted here

View attachment 1374626

the mark on the screen is pretty difficult to see and just when the tb is turned off and the sunlight hit it at certain angle, even when I can see it, if I go closer to the tv or change my perspective I cannot distinguish it.

Tried with a microfiber cloth with no success, the tv is a Q70T brand new so not sure if my best choice is to call samsung and try to have a replacement :(

Im also thinking about trying the iso alcohol solution posted in this thread but I’m a bit scared, any advice??? Thanks!

How new is new? Did it arrive like this?

Any luck with the iso alcohol? Or another solution for the blue marks after cleaning with water?

Any luck with the iso alcohol? Or another solution for the blue marks after cleaning with water?
I think there'is no solution for blue marks,
you can remove super dry fingerprint or similar with dry cloth without leaving any of them but once something wet hits the screen there is no solution, you will get blue mark whatever you will use to clean.

Probably Alchool is one of the few liquids that doesn't mess with the coating but does nothing against blue marks.

Imagine designing something that you can't touch without fear of damaging it permanently.

TBH ive had no issue so far with my "Newer" TV. I've cleaned it loads of times with no issue so far (Touch wood) :D

I discoered today you can take the anti glare coating off without water or anything. There was a new mark so i rubbed it with microfiber cloth no water or chemicals it was dry. I rubbed too hard i think knowing that water messes up the anti glare coating so i didn't know what else to do to take mark off.

It worked mark came off, when TV was turned off later I noticed in place I had rubbed the anti glare coating had gone too leaving me with now 4 patches where it is missing.

I will never be buying Samsung again thats for sure and i think my TV is breaking.
Lastnight it re activated its internal speakers by itself then today it turned off and started making a clicking noise from the OCB non stop over and over till i turned it off at the plug.

I discoered today you can take the anti glare coating off without water or anything. There was a new mark so i rubbed it with microfiber cloth no water or chemicals it was dry. I rubbed too hard i think knowing that water messes up the anti glare coating so i didn't know what else to do to take mark off.

It worked mark came off, when TV was turned off later I noticed in place I had rubbed the anti glare coating had gone too leaving me with now 4 patches where it is missing.

I will never be buying Samsung again thats for sure and i think my TV is breaking.
Lastnight it re activated its internal speakers by itself then today it turned off and started making a clicking noise from the OCB non stop over and over till i turned it off at the plug.

Which model do you have? Still under Warranty?

2016 Q9FN and yes it should still be under warranty.

Dont you mean 2018 as it wasnt released until then.

Ignoring the anti glare issue, if its starting to play up, record your issues and log with Samsung.

Were the clicking sounds coming from the TV or the one connect box?

I am certain it is coming from the OCB. I think it is the same click that occurs if you soft reset the TV by holding down the power button on silver control for 5 seconds or so.

Edit: It just happened again. I was on HDMI 3 this time not disney+ app watching a Chromecast ultra and it suddenly went blank and started the clicking. It is def on the way out i will be contacting Richer Sounds tomorrow.
You are right too I was thinking of the Panasonic DX902 i owned for short time which was from 2016 this TV is from 2018. Good news tho is being 2018 TV it is well under warranty still.

Last edited:
It has got even worse now the optical sound port has failed and weirder still I can't change the TV's internal speakers volume there locked. I think last time it made the clicking sound it damaged the OCB a bit.

I've bought 99,8% Iso alchol and I can confirm that doesn't mess with TV coating and doesn't leave blue stains after it's wiped with a dry cloth.
I was able to remove only a little blue smudge left by a dry and soft fingerprint.
With old marks left by my cats it does nothing.
Don't know if I should insist but it's a risk that i don wan't to take.
I think the safest way remains dry cloth and breath work if needed.

My tv is 5 months old and, despite being super carefull, i've had to clean some marks a few times...really don't know in what conditions it will be in a few years.
I'm disappointed.

Hi guys,

I have the same problem. Bought an 65Q90T a few months ago and I got a few fingerprints on it. Try to remove them with a clean little damp cloth and now I have the blue smudge. There are also a few horizontal stripes left of the blue smudge but I don't know what that is and I haven't touched that area.

I made contact with Samsung and they will get back to me they say.

I want to remove it with the iso solution but I am to scared to apply it. What is best to do now?

Attachments

• 20201111_073658.jpg
    20201111_073658.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 404
Hi guys,

I have the same problem. Bought an 65Q90T a few months ago and I got a few fingerprints on it. Try to remove them with a clean little damp cloth and now I have the blue smudge. There are also a few horizontal stripes left of the blue smudge but I don't know what that is and I haven't touched that area.

I made contact with Samsung and they will get back to me they say.

I want to remove it with the iso solution but I am to scared to apply it. What is best to do now?

Scamsung "User error" Says
2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020 Qled Panel Some Proplem

Rejects "User Error" Samsung,Try Your Luck Service.

What is everyone’s thoughts on getting a signed petition together and collate it into an email that isn’t simply bounced back by Samsung’s first wall of defence I.e. customer service assistant? To follow instructions on Samsung’s website on cleaning the screen to then be presented with seemingly irreversible cosmetic damage that they then don’t take responsibility for is surely against some form of consumer law.

I share everyone’s frustration as it happened to my Q80 at the back end of 2019 and have been following this post monthly in the hope that a solution appears...

If OPs are still watching this thread and those who have experienced since it would be good to hear your standpoint on a ‘mass’ revolt on the issue. Maybe it’s wishful thinking...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom