Anti glare films?

Discussion in 'iPad Forum' started by sbaddison, Aug 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sbaddison

sbaddison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Any suitable for the iPad 2 that will allow good iBook reading in the holiday sun?

Wife looking at a kindle but would rather stick something on that'll do the job.

Cheers,

Simon

2. magoo1

magoo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have both a reader with an e-ink screen (a Sony) and an iPad2. and I love them both. There is no contest as far as reading in the sun is concerned however- the reader wins hands down. No contest. For £90 or whatever they are lighter and much more convenient than iPads. I'm not saying don't take your iPad - you can put the kindle app on it and try reading with it but they do get heavy after a while and even with an antiglare screen they are MUCH harder to read in bright sunlight. But hey - you pays your money and you takes your choice!
    Enjoy your holiday!!:cool:

3. Bickers1972

Bickers1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Im on holiday at the moment & using a media devil anti glare screen protector. It works but its not the perfect solution. The Kindle does do a much better job but if you're like me & only want one device to carry around, plus the ability to swap between apps & ibooks, then it does the job competently.

4. sbaddison

sbaddison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the advice. My wife is now the proud owner of a Kindle touch & we also have the kindle app on the iPad. Impressed with how easy it is to share books:D