Anthony Gallos v M&K Kseries

B

beth0

Does anyone own either of these speakers, if so can you give honest opinions on performance please.
I am looking to buy very soon but cant decide(money is burning a hole in pocket)

Quite a few members own the Gallos. If you use the search facility you will come across quite a few comments from owners.

Look for comments by Nic Rhodes as being particularly pertinent and then have a look at the lengthy thread in the Power Buys forum

Betho,

I have the M&K, K-Series................... :D

Kev

Those that have bought the K series will say thats the best, those that bought the Gallos will say they're the best. The only way is to have a demo, and choose yourself what is right for you. Both are excellent speakers.

I agree with Kwijibo. If you can try and listen to both sets and buy what pleases your ear. I can however recommend the Gallo’s, I bought them without listening to them first and they are fantastic. (When set up correctly)

I have heard both but cant decide, need advice, pros and cons on both sets. Want to get best value for my money.

If you have heard both you will have to make your own mind up.

There are a large number of forum members that won't buy M&K domestic products due to the bully boy tactics of the UK distributor and many more who won't answer questions about M&K as the forum seems to have been infiltrated by "people with a vested interest" and we don't wish to enter into arguments with M&K dealers in disguise.

I only want the best for my money, and thought the people on the forum could help.
Was i wrong? Do I come across as some one with something to hide?

P.S
I really apprieciate help from all unsuspecting forum members, thanks

I've been a bit put off M&K consumer products because of the outrageous price differential between what they sell for in the UK and what they sell for in the US. For the K-series you're looking at a mark-up of ~70%, which is (IMO) very hard to justify.

remember that things are never as black and white as they seem. US prices do not include import duty at 5%, VAT at 17.5% or carriage. They may still be more than in the US, but it's not quite as simple as just comparing prices as it is not a like for like comparison. Most US products will cost slightly more here, whaereas British products tend to cost slightly more there. Just the way it is. Remember Beth0, you'll have to live with them not us.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom