1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anthony gallo speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by smallangryboy, Nov 30, 2004.

1. smallangryboy

smallangryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I'm thinking of buying either the Nucleus Micro or A'Diva as a 5 speaker system and wondered if anyone had any experience with these speakers ?

I'm interested in satellites that perform with music as well as 5.1 and tried to find a review of both speakers to compare, without much luck. I wondered if the A'Diva were worth the extra cost ?

It will replace my Monitor Audio Silver surround system [about 4 years old] but I'm getting satellites to replace this as space is limited in our next house. It will partner with my REL Q50 sub and Arcam AVR100 and DV88, initially but I may change this later on, just wanted peoples thoughts.

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,337
    I like the Gallo's and love the way they are built but your musical performance compared to the MA's will suffer with any sat system.

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure they are better than the Bose Acoustimass systems though..which are terrible with music :rolleyes:

John

4. smallangryboy

smallangryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Is it true the Stainless version of the speakers aren't shielded, I think I read that somewhere. Though I suppose that won't be a problem if they are used with a plasma TV ?!

What is your opinion on sound quality for music, as well as movies ?

5. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

I notice that you are in London, it might be beneficial to here a Gallo setup, aswell as other sub sat systems. We have three demo rooms with just that available to listen to, you are more than welcome to come and have a demonstration, of which you can make your own mind up rather than buying on other peoples opinions and recommendations. Peoples recommendations and opinions are a great start, as you can then demo the cream of the crop.

Give me a call and maybe we can arrange something.

6. smallangryboy

smallangryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Excellent idea, just what I wanted to hear, an excuse for a day out listening to some AV gear :)

Is your shop easy to get to via public transport ? I don't currently have my own wheels. I'll be travelling from East London [Canary Wharf] and would be open to suggestions as to the best route to get there.

7. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

smallangryboy, PM sent.

8. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13

yep, won't be a problem, plasma don't need non-magnetic speakers

9. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Hello...

I have a full Gallo setup.. only running 5.1 though. I use a Due for the Centre, 2 Adivas for the front L/R and a pair of micros for the Rears. Really like these speakers.. as they do sound great (esp when partnered with my Velo sub) and they look the biz. Very discrete and child friendly when wall mounted :). I have been using these for about 12-18 months, they do take a while to run in but imho are perfect for the front room av system and I have been using them for my music and movies throughout that time.

There are newer versions of the Adivas/micros which I think hit these shores in april ( the ti range with titaium tweeters I believe) so you may be able to pick up a bargain on the current models..

Enjoy your demo..

Matt