Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro's - a listeners view....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Brad_Porter, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the privilege of having Uncle Eric around for coffee and a system set-up check this morning, which, as you would expect, has instantly squeezed every last achievable ounce of quality and energy out of my M&K system. Super. Many thanks to Eric for all his time there.

At the same time he also bought some life-style looking speakers round that he wanted me to listen too. The Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro’s.

Setting the front three speakers on top of my trusty S-85’s, we listened to a demo disc, which Eric had supplied and chose a movie DTS track and music DTS track to listen too, both titles, for the life of me, escape my memory.

These 3inch cylindrical speakers (which bear a strange resemblance to Billy Crystals animated character out of Monsters Inc.) sounded extremely good and an impressive sound stage was formed, even despite that fact that they were not all level nor equidistance from the listening position! In comparison to my M&K’s (which we had been hammering for most of the morning) it was unbelievable that such small speakers could be a very close comparison. Unbelievable.

Not everyone can have huge floorstanders situated in there room or afford to spend £3,000 on a speaker system. This will make budding enthusiasts turn away as they believe that micros systems cannot sound impressive. These speakers almost defy the law of physics and, upon hearing them, I believe they should be extremely high up on anyone’s audition list if micros are your chosen route. Mixed with the fact that these lovely looking ‘balls’ come in 8 different colours, there’s no reason why they won’t blend into your room and almost disappear.

Don’t believe me? Give Eric a shout. He asked me whether the little beasts are worth the money against my £800 a pair M&K’s S-85’s. The answers without doubt, is yes.

Just one more thing, these babies coped with my 3802 at reference level and did not have any issues whatsoever. Power handling, looks, brilliant sound and style. All at a very good price.

2. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Brad,
    Pleasure to meet you this morning. I think once folks start recieving these remarkable speakers next week, things are going to pretty much catch fire. I wish I could be there to see the smiles.

Regards
    Eric

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roll on Friday... I can't wait.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but it must be stressed these things take some running in, I hope people don't expect too much and start saying they sound awful when it'll probably take a couple of weeks to run them in, go gentle with them people for a little while!

Andy

5. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy,
    My Gloss black Gallo's were only 3 days old when Nathan popped round. Here is another "Listeners View"

6. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if positioning of these are important - Uncle Eric?

Read some reviews which say if positioned close to a wall then they lose their magic

Thanks

7. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These laws do indeed defy some laws of physics. They can be wall mounted without any problem. Like most all speakers, is long as they are not shoved right into a corner, they work their magic just great.
    Another thing not to do is to sit these somewhere where there is a long flat surface in front of them. This applys to all speakers as there will be secondary reflections that will cause amongst other things "bluring"
    If placed on a shelf for example (using one of their little table mount stands, they should be on the edge of the shelf with a free space in front of them. Same applys to TV mounting but then again most TV cases these days (the top part) are only around 9-12 inches deep so again, no problem at all.

8. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Thanks Uncle Eric

It was just that I read on audioreview - a few people commented there that if they placed them near a wall - 2 foot - then they did not sound as good - so these people placed them 6 foot from the wall - and then they sounded alot better

Tim

9. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,809
    Didn't someone post in an earlier thread about these speakers saying that there were shielding problems if he placed the centre on top of his TV ?

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    stainless steel ones only. Eric has this been sorted yet?