Anthony Gallo Home Cinema or Eclipse TD Lulét 307PA ?

ResB

Established Member
Reaction score
Never heard the Eclipses.

I used to have AG Micros and loved them but given the choice I wouldn't go with the MPS150 unless you get a very good deal on it - it's overpriced in performance terms IMO.

Also given that the $ has dropped like a stone recently I'd give the dealers a really hard time on the price as AG seem to be charging the same amount as they were before the depreciation. I'd also go for an A'diva for centre duties if you can afford it.

Have heard the Eclipse, Audio-T had them. Very good for the size.

Dazed - Thanks for your comments. Out of interest what do you have now providing of course you replaced the AG's?

It's a good point about the $ you make but I wonder if I can be that pushy when trying to secure a deal on these. I get the feeling with my initial contact with retailers is "that's the price, take it or leave it", if you understand what I mean.

Ian J - I did read the review. In fact that is where I got the name from. They did rate them your right, but they are a bit more expensive than the AG's. (The rear speaker floor stands look better however. Well better than the flower stands from AG) :)

sonofmoth - Where are Audio-T based. I'm asking before searching so I apologise for that. :)

Originally posted by ResB
It's a good point about the $ you make but I wonder if I can be that pushy when trying to secure a deal on these. I get the feeling with my initial contact with retailers is "that's the price, take it or leave it", if you understand what I mean.

Dazed has gone considerably upmarket with a set of Leema Xen speakers which is some three times the price of either set that you mentioned but they are rather lovely to look at as well as superb to listen to and I wish I had them.

If you are going to make use of the dealer's facilities by having demos etc it is right that you should expect to pay more than with a box shifter. However if you have decided what you want without demo and don't intend to take up any dealer time there is no reason why you shouldn't haggle.

As Ian mentioned I've now got a 5.1 Leema Zen + SPLX10 setup which I am still deeply in love with:D

What ever you decide to go for don't be afraid to haggle, retailers make a considerable margin on all audio products and you should get at least some money off - you are after all spending a not inconsiderable sum of money with them.

Given that the dollar has fallen so much I would really push for a discount on any US sourced stuff, if the retailers aren't making the extra margin then the importers are. Moaning to the dealers might force the importers to change their practices.

However I get the feeling with some so called "lifestyle" products are priced to a market rather than any reflection of their "value".

ResB - Have you thought of the Blueroom Minipods - look good (?), sound good and are in or around your budget

The Blueroom Minipods used to be on special offer to forum members via the Powerbuy forum. I don't know whether they still are as the offer wasn't dated but have a look here anyway if they are of interest

The Eclipse Time Domain has a dealers list. If it's up to date the Audio-T branches in West Hampstead and Basingstoke have them. There are several other places that may be near you but there aren't any near me :( as I wouldn't mind hearing them myself.

Dazed - I've never had a problem with haggling at all in fact I believe I have it down to a fine art. :p

The Minipods unfortunately are not my cup of tea. I think it's a case you either "like em or loath em". :) Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ian J - I'm not sure I would take them even if I were given them. :p They are I believe an aquired taste. :)

sonofmoth - After posting I did a search and found the site straight away. Thanks again. I guess I was feeling lazy. ;)

avanzato - Yeah I did look and there is none near me either. In fact there doesn't seem to be that much information of the web about them at all. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom