Anthony Gallo Diva ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven_DP

Standard Member
Reaction score
On AVS someone was claiming that Anthony Gallo is releasing the Diva. Basically it should be the same speaker as the Micro but an extra inch wider and thus supporting full range. They should be released in the following weeks. MSRP $450/pair which seems not to expensive compared to others...

I couldn't find any confirmation on the roundsound website. Anyone else please?

Full range seems a little bit exagerated indeed. I was just repeating the information from the AVS forum. Strange, because on the www.roundsound.com website there is no 'news', 'announcements' or whatsoever. Maybe someone could get confirmation from Gallo.

I think you need to wait for any official announcement ;) ;)

My wife always says that I have no patience... :D

Originally posted by Sven_DP
My wife always says that I have no patience... :D

You've been talking about various speakers for months. I'd say that you were very patient. :D

Would you care to tell her? :D
Anyway, talking and listening is half of the fun and it's free.;)
Even more fun than the ICT business I would say.

Originally posted by Sven_DP
On AVS someone was claiming that Anthony Gallo is releasing the Diva. Basically it should be the same speaker as the Micro but an extra inch wider and thus supporting full range.

The rumour also has it that the svelte good looks of the Micro have gone and the new improved model is quite ugly as well as considerably more expensive :rolleyes:

News sure does travel fast.....

To put an end to any rumours abut 'Diva' (which incidentally is not quite the correct name), I'll clarify a few points without giving too much information away - don't want to spoil the surprise factor.

Anthony Gallo Acoustics will indeed release a new loudspeaker product during the next couple of months. From a price and performance point of view it will be pitched between the Nucleus Micro and Dué models.

It IS bigger than a Micro, can be run full range (to an extent) and sounds FANTASTIC. It also makes a perfect centre channel speaker for a Nucleus Micro set-up, for anyone who wants to beef-up their Micro system.

As for it being ugly? I would strongly disagree, it does of course have a different look to the Micro, but is funky looking in its own right. Anyone who has seen a prototype has been very complementary about its visual and sonic properties.

We anticipate launching this new product in February at the Bristol Show, more details will be posted here as soon as pricing etc. has been finalised.

I'd like to say more but can't, since our dealers haven't even been informed yet and we have the roll-out of the Dué (out to dealers next week) to contend with first.

Hope this answers a few questions.

Please don't ask for any more details, I really can't say any more.

All the best,

David Baxter,
Gallo UK.

EDIT: David beat me by a few minutes.

The new A'diva will be released in the UK sometime around Febuary. This is NOT a replacement for the superb Nucleus Micro's, mearly an addition to Gallo's existing range which also consists of the Due.
The Adiva has exactly the same advanced 3" driver as the Nucleus Micro's and is of course a sat speaker needing a subwoofer to fill out the lower octaves. The A'diva is the same "spherical" style as the NM's albeit larger.
I cannot comment on the sound quality of these as I've not yet had a chance to evaluate them. If the NM's are anything to go by hopefully I wont be let down.

Pricing? Lets just say more expensive than the NM's and cheaper than the Dues. This is to be confirmed.

Do I think they are worth the extra money over and above the NM's? That depends on how much they will retail at and what performance advantage (if any) will be gained from moving up to the A'diva not to mention the competition in its impending price bracket. Can't be fairer than that really.

For those of us that have seen them already, I can now say that!, they do look visually very nice. The circular shape seems to work at all sizes, just look at the original 'Ref' Gallo.

I forgot that you had seen one Beekeeper... You were in the right place at the right time at Hi-Fi & AV Expo weren't you.

For the record, I can confirm that the product is called A'Deva (since Eric gave the game away).

Eric, you do realise that you know too much about this product, I may have to kill you now....

David.

AGA UK.

:devil:

Originally posted by DavidGallo
It also makes a perfect centre channel speaker for a Nucleus Micro set-up, for anyone who wants to beef-up their Micro system.

Mmmm, I thought the idea was to have three identical speakers in the front soundstage.

Matt.

Originally posted by DavidGallo
I forgot that you had seen one Beekeeper... You were in the right place at the right time at Hi-Fi & AV Expo weren't you.

LOL There was us thinking that The Beekeeper was an integral part of the design team or something.

Originally posted by Chip Johannssen
LOL There was us thinking that The Beekeeper was an integral part of the design team or something.

Just the testing bit ;) and the reviewing bit :p

I have to say that I was 'concerned' that mixing and matching these speakers wasn't a good idea. I am a fan on l,c and r all being identical but the Due and micros work really well together, probablr better than almost better than any other combination I can think of. I have high hopes for this new one as well, as Eric says the proof is in the testing.

Its nice to know that Gallo have taken on board my criticisms of the Micro speakers and come up with a new improved product to meet my requirements. I look forward to trying them out.

:D

Originally posted by Jeff
Its nice to know that Gallo have taken on board my criticisms of the Micro speakers and come up with a new improved product to meet my requirements.

Nobody said that it was improved, just bigger and a lot more expensive.

Originally posted by Ian J
The rumour also has it that the svelte good looks of the Micro have gone and the new improved model is quite ugly as well as considerably more expensive :rolleyes:

I don't think you are a nobody. ;)

Typical, I'd just decided on the micros and now I'm wondering whether to wait and see what these new one's are like. I have to admit I'm a bit worried about running the micros with a Denon AVCA1SE, I just can't believe they won't get damaged by all that power! I know Eric has said he's run the micros at reference levels on an AVCA1SE so I guess I must be worrying about nothing. Decisions decisions...

Andy

they are built like cannonballs not fragile despite their deminutive stature don't worry about giving them some power they will take it without complaining

As Mr Gallo has admitted, the new ones are a few months away and if you look in the powerbuy forum you will see that the Gallo power buys end this month and the new model will not therefore be offered as a power buy.

There is also no saying that the new model will be better than the Micro. Bigger isn't always better.

Using the same 3" driver in a bigger cabinet, will certainly give them a different sound, whether that is a 'better' sound remains to be seen. Personally I think the small cabinet and resulting transparency is part of their charm, along with the lack of crossovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom