Anthony Gallo A'Diva and Piers - thanks

OneDesi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm relatively new to this forum but wanted to share my experience of the Anthony Gallo A'Diva and thank "Piers" (a member of this forum) for making it possible :smashin: :smashin: .

Before I start, I do not know or work for Piers and only met him through this forum.

I have put some threads out asking about the gallo speakers and Orb audio and Piers responded to one such thread saying the Gallos were great and I should listen to them at his house.

After a fair degree of cynicism I took Piers up on the offer and went round to listen and all I can say is WOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: - what a sound! I'm no audiophile but the A'Divas presented the greatest soundstage I had ever heard (and all from a 5" sphere). The clairty and accuracy were great (I have some Monitor Audio Silver S6 and hope to move to some GR20's). We were listening using the Denon 3805 and 2910 DVD player (I use Musical Fidelty Xray V3 and X150) and I have to admit I was blown away by the soundstage presented - like I said, I'm no audiophile so please don't be offended.

I am now seriously considering buying some A'Divas (although am swayed by Orb audios costs - any views anyone :confused: )

Furthermore, Piers showed me his video set up (I forget the exact details) but it was the panasonic plasma with the black sound hooked up using some High definition sources and Luminagen converters and again all I can say is wow :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !

I have always looked at plasmas and shirked away when looking at a terrestrial picutre but Piers has a skill whereby he tunes the warmth of video screens (not something I understand or believed in!) and boy does it work - I am now gutted that I spent £2500 on my 32" Loewe Articos CRT!

Anybody who wants to get the best from their plasma should speak to him as the visual improvement is amazing!

Thanks Piers

Thanks for this post. I never asked for it.

I too was stunned by how good the Gallos are, and my B & W system bought before I became a "retailer", is likely to be on the classifieds in the next few days because I am now convinced by the Gallos. The B & W's were good but I still struggle to understand how a grapefruit-sized speaker can sound better, given a decent sub.

The video was actually a Denon 3910 through a Lumagen DVI into a Panasonic TH-42PHD7 with HD-1 (a.k.a. Euro 1080) and a Sky+ SDI modded box as the other sources.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom