Anthem mrx510 & Bluesound Node2 / Dacs?

Anthony16v

Hi,
Apologies if this a dumb question but I'm not 100% clued up on this topic!

I've recently purchased a Node 2 to play my music off a hdd / stream radio etc.
Currently I'm using the supplied cable for the 'rca' audio outs to connect into the mrx510. My understanding is, this means I'm using the DAC within the Node2? If I were to use the 'Optical Out' from the Node2.. does this then mean the DAC within the Anthem is then being used??

If I've got that right, then does anyone know 'on paper' which should be the better more capable DAC?

Many Thanks

brett7365

Hi Anthony

That would be my understanding of it too, if it's passing a digital signal (optical) then it is passing the sound through to you amp to convert, if you use rca the Node is converting a digital to an analogue signal.

I can't find any information on the dac in the Node, other than it is a 24/192 dac, I'm sure it is decent though as NAD have some kind of affiliation to these guys, but I think the best way is for you to let your ears decide which is best!

Anthony16v

Ok mate thank you for confirming.
May have to purchase an optical cable and have a listen then cheers

brett7365

Hello mate, i think the node will have come with one? Atleast that is what the contents on the box says! I would guess the dac is very good, i believe some of the engineers are nad engineers from the 70's and 80's when there stuff was top notch, they made some of their best stuff back then in my opinion! How are you finding the node 2, i was looking at getting the node 1 but then decided against due to it not having a coax out, now the node 2 has one im feeling the urge to buy one! The sub out is also very interesting

Anthony16v

Hi,
nah only comes with the orca lead unfortunately.
So far so good, simple to use and sounds great, plays all hi-res music files no problem.
I was using iTunes prior using appleTv to my amp but its now so much easier with the node!
Regards

brett7365

Cool thanks! Ive been using deezer through my smart tv but its not a very good app, can take a minute some times to start playing the bext song so im going to have a punt on one of these!

Anthony16v

That's the best thing with the node, it's instant!
Switch amp on, pick a track, voila

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom