Question Anthem MRX, stereo fine tuning

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by LAMitchell, Sep 11, 2017.

1. LAMitchell

LAMitchell

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +18
      First of all, bloody good AV receiver and blown me sideways in terms of power and performance. Room correction is spot on and has made a world of difference. The model I have is the 710 and it is set up for 7.1 at home. Now the interesting bit, my left and right channels are from my original HiFi set up, the stereo only side long gone. Its a pair of Jamo Concert 8's and the ARC has tuned these to the remaining speakers.
      Now comes the interesting bit, I want to set up two profiles using ARC, one for the full surround sound and the other for stereo only, reason being is that the full surround sound profile seems to make the speakers mid range bias.
      One of my inputs is set to analogue and there is no processing by the amp and this is fine, but the other input is coming from my laptop running tidal via HDMI, this therefore needs Digital to Analogue processing but the ARC processing on this channel makes it too middy, I want that input to use ARC but only calculated for the two channels plus sub. Setting up ARC through the software seems to be one or the other.

Anybody got any experience in this cake and eat it scenario, seems a little pointless having a separate stereo Amy when I have a more than capable AVR.

2. Deleted member 598831

Deleted member 598831

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +0
      When running ARC, select it to measure 2 different profiles, then create inputs for each device and select what arc profile you want to use with that.

On my anthem I have a 2ch profile putting my monitors down to 60hz and the sub fills in below that, but with a slightly earlier roll off.

3. LAMitchell

LAMitchell

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +18
      Appreciated Steven I'll have a play with that.