Anthem MRX Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ross,
So you took the jump to Anthem. I don't blame you. I still love my ARCAM AVR 500 warts and all. Never got round to updating the firmware as I have no real issues with mine at present. It runs without pops and clicks and stays cool.Once again thanks for your help there.
When I do add a blu ray this summer if I start to notice any issues or it starts to overheat i will return it and get an Anthem MRX 700 as I love the ARC. Will look forward to your views on the Anthem when you have it set up.
Richard

Hey Ross,
So you took the jump to Anthem. I don't blame you. I still love my ARCAM AVR 500 warts and all. Never got round to updating the firmware as I have no real issues with mine at present. It runs without pops and clicks and stays cool.Once again thanks for your help there.
When I do add a blu ray this summer if I start to notice any issues or it starts to overheat i will return it and get an Anthem MRX 700 as I love the ARC. Will look forward to your views on the Anthem when you have it set up.
Richard

Yes Rich, I had been waiting almost a year for that stupid board. But there were other factors too. The last FW killed off a lot of my pops and clicks but the agonising 7 second pause on resume from blu ray and the missed 2-3 seconds on resume from 2.0 to 5.1 making any dialogue coming back from commercial non existent.

That will never be fixed, so when mine was away getting the last of the popping problem sorted out I decided I'd had enough. Great sounding amps, complete disaster in the video area and £500 for passthru? No, no way.

I'd meant to ask you about your FW actually, but in my cases it always helped - if yours is fine then by all means leave it alone. And you're most welcome mate, any time.:smashin:

If the ARC is anywhere near as good as the paradigm PBK eq, then it will be a proper job. My sealed paradigm sub 15 completely destroyed my 2 x 12'' ported B&W subs, I can't begin to tell you how much the other speakers came to life, not to mention how loud and clear it was on the back of the Arcam.

Last edited:
It's such a shame Arcam haven't sorted these issues as they sound simply awesome. From posts on this forum it seems a lot of people are returning their Arcams all because of issues. From what I can see most are going the Anthem route which is high praise indeed.

It's such a shame Arcam haven't sorted these issues as they sound simply awesome. From posts on this forum it seems a lot of people are returning their Arcams all because of issues. From what I can see most are going the Anthem route which is high praise indeed.

There's a lot of competition now and everyone's having a go, even bryston and naim. Even the Japanese have upped their game on the music side of the amps so lots of choice, which altho a good thing is a bit of a minefield finding something that ticks all the boxes.

How about mounting the centre above the TV, in the wall/on the wall. Or even in the ceiling? There are some very descrete solutions for speakers now, including ones that can be plastered over:eek:

The millenia sub is very discrete, and will fit under most regular sofas with ease..

Thanks Ricky, yeah I did think about that. I could possibly stick one on a self but would have to think of a cunning way to disguise that as a design feature of the livingroom ;)

Also I live in a rental flat, I can change things but have to put them back to how it was originally so cant really add anything too major. Not only that the wall is made of the hardest concrete known to man, it has melted several drill bits already :)

Hopefully the guy buying my 600 will come pick it up so I can really start deciding what to replace it with.

Kronos AV are offering 15% of all purchases over £500 until the end of the month as long as you trade in a working/faulty amp of some description. Must be instore purchase - no buying online.

@ Rockdanger - are you liasing with the guys in Dungannon to get yours by any chance?

soupdragon - nice - I wonder if my 2 channel Cambridge Audio amp would suffice ? :)

makes the MRX300 - £934 :)

Buckster said:
soupdragon - nice - I wonder if my 2 channel Cambridge Audio amp would suffice ? :)

makes the MRX300 - £934 :)

I've a limited edition 'break-dance' ghetto blaster from 1984 in the garage with a broken cassette deck which may suffice!

I emailed them and they said it can be anything at all, doesn't have to be high end. I'm sure a Cambridge Audio amp would be fine. :)

I emailed them and they said it can be anything at all, doesn't have to be high end. I'm sure a Cambridge Audio amp would be fine. :)

excellent thanks :) sure ain't trading in my AX10Ai !

but my Cambridge Audio amp does work - just has been sat under our bed for at least 7 years now as a spare!

where is their London shop ? I tried finding the storefront on google-earth streetview but couldn't find it

To be clear it does need to be an amp (2 channel or multichannel). Not sure the ghetto-blaster would wash heh. ;)

Andy.T said:
To be clear it does need to be an amp (2 channel or multichannel). Not sure the ghetto-blaster would wash heh. ;)

Probably not!
Just need to stop at a car boot sale and find something suitable ;)

Probably not!
Just need to stop at a car boot sale and find something suitable ;)

Notice all Anthem are out of stock on their website though.

Notice all Anthem are out of stock on their website though.

I "think" - at a guess that maybe as they do not allow Anthems to be sold online therefore its a way of stopping you ordering online .... hopefully

Buckster said:
I "think" - at a guess that maybe as they do not allow Anthems to be sold online therefore its a way of stopping you ordering online .... hopefully

Correct- instore collection only as mentioned earlier.

Awww... be nice to 'em guys it's a very generous offer. And I don't want them to pull it before I get mine... maybe. ;)

sida said:
Have I started off something?

Then again, I wouldn't trust anything written on Internet ;)

Not with me......

Sida - Have people had problems with Kronos then? I did a quick search but couldn't find much.

available to purchase online and happy to ship.

In fact it's not quite true. The retailer in question don't have an active facility on Anthem products to enable people to purchase online! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom