Anthem MRX 520 / 720 / 1120 Series Owners

I would like to say a big thank you to Violator once again for his time and patience in helping me sort out my ARC graph out and also helping me improve my room acoustics at the same time :thumbsup:My Movies and Music are sounding incredible.

Respect brother :smashin:

Can you post a pic of your sub/s response ?

Cheers ;)

Can you post a pic of your sub/s response ?

Cheers ;)

Here ye go:

sub 1.jpg

Looking good :smashin:

Did you have to do anything in particular to get that result ?

Hi guys, a bit of a odd question - how does the Anthem compare to the NAD T777v3?

thanks

Yep, but the sub only shows part of the story :) we identified a very definite issue in sea surfer's room fairly quickly for example
Curiosity has got the better of me
Is it something you can share?

Curiosity has got the better of me
Is it something you can share?

All rooms are different - there can be any number of dead spots or unwarranted reflections, and it also depends on where/how the speaker is positioned. So it's too involved to say exactly what causes which adjustment to be made and by how much to solve an issue. It's unlikely to be applicable in another's situation. :)

So it's too involved to say exactly what causes which adjustment to be made and by how much to solve an issue. It's unlikely to be applicable in another's situation. :)
With respect
I assume from your answer that you were with Violater in sea surfer's room when the issue was identified?
I am well aware that all rooms are different

Nope I wasn't there - but I do get what your saying.
Violater kindly tweaked my system and ironed out some of the issues without even seeing my room. So I can see it's kinda difficult for him to say what was causing the issues, though he did know how to tweak it from the curves presented.
I view it as an unexplained "black art" sort of thing - very clever. :)

Nope I wasn't there - but I do get what your saying.
Violater kindly tweaked my system and ironed out some of the issues without even seeing my room. So I can see it's kinda difficult for him to say what was causing the issues, though he did know how to tweak it from the curves presented.
I view it as an unexplained "black art" sort of thing - very clever. :)
Thanks for the clarity
Your answer makes me even more curious with being able to iron out an issue in an unseen room
I am always interested to learn new tweaks "black art" that might improve performance
As already stated the pre-calibration response of seasurfer's room was excellent so Violater did an excellent job.
Considering that all rooms are different, but all rooms suffer the same acoustic aberrations
if this was partly achieved by identifying an issue that all members might benefit from I am all ears.

Oh for sure - I'd be all ears too Les. I wish I could nail the experts down sometimes. But I can also appreciate their skills come from years of experience tweaking hundreds of systems and a lot of it comes from "feel" or "intuition" or just recognising something from a bump on a curve.
Like you say - you gotta be there really to get the whole story.

@Lesmor & @brantuk - the issue was a table in front of the MLP. It was causing fairly major reflections. Got Sea surfer to move it with an immediate improvement in response which then allowed the final tweaking ;)

Set the HDMI CEC control to on on the anthem.

With regard to the audio return, is this applicable to the MRX710 as well, or just the 720? I'm trying to find the best way of integrating a 4K TV with the 710 (other than buying a 720!). Thanks

With regard to the audio return, is this applicable to the MRX710 as well, or just the 720? I'm trying to find the best way of integrating a 4K TV with the 710 (other than buying a 720!). Thanks
I don't think the MRX 710 has audio return. But not 100% sure. Shoot Anthem an email to find out

Go into the input setting on anthem710 for your tv, then audio input and there are two hdmi audio return channels

Go into the input setting on anthem710 for your tv, then audio input and there are two hdmi audio return channels

Thanks, it's very evident that where electronics are concerned my ambition far exceeds my ability! My TV is connected to an HDMI Out on the Anthem not an Input - with my HDTV all sources went to HDMI Ins on the Anthem, then the Anthem dealt with the Audio and sent the Video to the TV. Now with the UHDTV the Anthem can't seem to manage the Video out put from, eg, the Tivo - I get a green fuzzy screen. So I have linked the Tivo to TV by HDMI and to the Anthem by Optical which works. Problem is that if I for more UHD sources I may run out of HDMI inputs on the TV and optical inputs on the Anthem. I've emailed Anthem for guidance but any advice welcome.

Edit: Do you mean that if I select Audio Return on an input it takes the Audio from the output?

Last edited:
Edit: Do you mean that if I select Audio Return on an input it takes the Audio from the output?
If you connect hdmi out on the amp to hdmi(arc) on the tv - it means that any audio from the tv goes to the amp and the tv speakers get switched off. So you're sending picture and audio to the tv but it "returns" the audio to the amp. You have to select the "tv" source on the amp, and set the "audio" on the tv to "home theatre". At least that's how it works on my setup. :)

Level calibration help please...
If I use my iPhone App to set my levels, I set the meter to C weighted and adjust the levels to 75db. This ends up with my main L&R at +11 and the others a little less. My speakers are inefficient. Is this correct? I wonder if I am overloading the power Amps...
Thanks in advance. [emoji106]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom