Anthem MRX 310 / 510 / 710 Series Owners Thread

Cam someone advise please on something that's irritating me: I have an hdmi running from my TV to my 510. As well as usual inputs like blu ray, sly etc, I have set input 7 as the Audio Return Channel so I can get surround sound when streaming from the TV's Internet software.

What's really irritating me though is that every time I turn the amp on no matter what the previous input selected was, it is always going to input 7. This is especially frustrating when using my harmony remote as it seems to cancel out any attempt to change the input meaning I have to do it manually. Any thoughts?

I have a feeling you can set it in the options to your last selection. I will have a look tonight as I'm sure it is where you can change the input lables for HDMIs etc

Cam someone advise please on something that's irritating me: I have an hdmi running from my TV to my 510. As well as usual inputs like blu ray, sly etc, I have set input 7 as the Audio Return Channel so I can get surround sound when streaming from the TV's Internet software.

What's really irritating me though is that every time I turn the amp on no matter what the previous input selected was, it is always going to input 7. This is especially frustrating when using my harmony remote as it seems to cancel out any attempt to change the input meaning I have to do it manually. Any thoughts?
Are you turning the TV on before the AVR?

If you are using a Harmony I would switch CEC off all together so the Harmony has full control over all devices.

If you are using a Harmony I would switch CEC off all together so the Harmony has full control over all devices.
I use a Harmony with my setup, CEC off and all goes well. Only thing I had to do was set a delay on the Anthem profile to allow for power up before it switches to the right profile.

Hi all,

Trying to figure this out if anyone can help me.

I;m considering buying an Xbox 1S in order to get 4k video/HDR. However, since the 510 can't pass through either Im wondering whether I can use it.

The 1S has an HDMI in and an HDMI out -I think I know the answer, but is there a way to hook the 1S directly up to the TV yet still have HD sound through the amp separately?

Many thanks.

James

Hi all,

I;m considering buying an Xbox 1S in order to get 4k video/HDR. However, since the 510 can't pass through either Im wondering whether I can use it.

The 1S has an HDMI in and an HDMI out -I think I know the answer, but is there a way to hook the 1S directly up to the TV yet still have HD sound through the amp separately?

Many thanks.

James
you could try and get ARC (audio return channel) to work by linking HDMI from the Xbox to the TV, then sound passing from the TV to the 510. I couldn't get ARC working myself in a similar scenario but that may have been the TV at fault. Other options don't quite meet what you're trying to achieve... you could pass video by HDMI to the TV and audio to the 510 via optical, but the audio will be compressed.

Thanks. I think at some point it might mean a new receiver. How much would a second hand 510 go for does anyone know?

If you are interested in HD audio you may want to use a different UHD player as the 1 S cannot bitstream HD formats.

Hi all,

Many thanks.

James
You asked something similar a week or so back. The 510 can passthrough 4k, but only at 30Hz. If you're considering the xbox 1s just because it's got a 4k drive, don't, unless you also plan on using it extensively for games. Otherwise get a decent 4k player with 2 HDMI outputs, plug one into your TV and one into the Anthem. Job done.

You asked something similar a week or so back. The 510 can passthrough 4k, but only at 30Hz. If you're considering the xbox 1s just because it's got a 4k drive, don't, unless you also plan on using it extensively for games. Otherwise get a decent 4k player with 2 HDMI outputs, plug one into your TV and one into the Anthem. Job done.
Exactly, like the oppo 203 :smashin:

Thanks both. I was hoping to go 4k gaming but think I'll hold off. Maybe a 520 is on the cards....!

Could do with some further help reduce my harmony one and audio return channel. When I put simplink on on the TV and cec on my amp I can here sound through my surround speakers so ARC is working. However this means it creates confusion for my harmony one. However if I turn either cec on my amp off or simplink on the TV off I don't get any sound through my surround speakers.

Can anyone advise?

Could do with some further help reduce my harmony one and audio return channel. When I put simplink on on the TV and cec on my amp I can here sound through my surround speakers so ARC is working. However this means it creates confusion for my harmony one. However if I turn either cec on my amp off or simplink on the TV off I don't get any sound through my surround speakers.

Can anyone advise?
I don't think ARC does lossless codecs (I may well be wrong though), in which case you could just turn it off and use an optical cable from the TV to the AVR to carry that "return" audio - of course, provided the TV has an optical output. I used to do that, now I don't really have any use for the TV audio since I don't use any of its apps anymore.

I agree with @sergiup, you need to get away from using the ARC channel and switch off all CEC, Simplink controls and allow the Harmony to do the work. The TV should have an optical out?

Remember the 520 is only 5.1 and has no ability for atmos etc. Its basically the new 310.

Thanks. To be honest I can't afford a 720 and only really have need for 5.1. Atmos isn't something I'd be looking to go for at any point in the near future. 4k aside, what's the consensus on the 520 compared to the 510?

They both use the same version of ARC, so I think it would be hard to hear any real difference between the two, certainly not when you consider the price. It really comes down to atmos and 4K I think, if you don't need them, go with a *10 model. That's what made me decide on the 310, I only require 5.1 and the movie rooms were doing great deals on them :smashin:

Thanks both. I was hoping to go 4k gaming but think I'll hold off. Maybe a 520 is on the cards....!
If you want to do true 4k gaming get yourself a decent pc with an nVidia 1080 or 2. Neither the xbox 1s or the PS4 Pro will give you a true 4k gaming experience.

A 520 would be a total waste of money at this point, unless you were wanting to go down the Atmos route, which you've said you aren't.

You're obviously itching to spend something. What do you actually want to achieve?

Remember the 520 is only 5.1 and has no ability for atmos etc. Its basically the new 310.

You will need the 720 from a 510 which represents a serious upgrade only having just bought the 510 February 2014.

It is an upgrade in features and price. I was thinking about it but am holding off.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom