• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Anthem AVM 60 and IOTAVX AVXP1

Garry123

Currently have an Anthem MRX 710 and I am thinking of going the separates route.

I am looking at an Anthem AVM 60 and an IOTAVX AVXP1. Anybody have any thoughts experience they would like to pass on? I would be using them initially for 5.1 and then for Atmos 5.1.2.

The alternative is an MRX1120.

Any help would be appreciated.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Speakers? 4 or 8 ohm? Sensitivity? Room size and expected dB desired?

I do prefer av pre + power amp but fair differ ence in price between 1120 , avm60 + Poweramp.

Personally since looking into decent av pre I'd get a better power amp

Garry123

Speakers are 8 Ohm and room size 4.5m x 4m x ?

Desired dB, i don't play at ridiculous levels, certainly not reference. I am looking for a better sound.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
A decently poweravr will be fine for your use.

I use a av pre and ATI 2000 but you wouldn't need anything like that,.and tbh even for me.its over the top as sides and rears don't need.that much power, and only a couple of meters from side/surround.

Suppose you could get a three channel for piece of mind getting very best from your speakers, say a good quality 3 X 100w and let avr power the rest.

Garry123

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Avm60 is already out of date and not worth anything.

Garry123

o_O

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
No hdmi 2.1, no vrr, no 120hz.

It is annoying revisions to hdmi spec mean it is "out of date"

dfdd

processors start going out of date as soon as you purchase them unfortunately-best time to purchase something is 6mths after you have bought it!

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
processors start going out of date as soon as you purchase them unfortunately-best time to purchase something is 6mths after you have bought it!

I'm still using lexicon mc-8

mb3195

Distinguished Member
No hdmi 2.1, no vrr, no 120hz.

It is annoying revisions to hdmi spec mean it is "out of date"

I wouldn’t say it’s not worth anything, It’s still a great processor but they do have new models coming out around Christmas.

HDMI 2.1 isn’t important to most people, most people will never have the need for it, so you should ask the OP if it’s a requirement or not for him.

Garry123

Not bothered about HDMI 2.1. I'd have to buy a new TV as well.

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
You'd have no content either. How long do you think 8k HDR is going to be something you get on Netflix for example? HDMI 2.1 best feature is refresh rate for gamers, who almost exclusively use a monitor anyway.

So the AVM60 in terms of sound and blu ray content etc is absolutely fine. The IOTA power amp wouldn't be my first choice however.

Garry123

You'd have no content either. How long do you think 8k HDR is going to be something you get on Netflix for example? HDMI 2.1 best feature is refresh rate for gamers, who almost exclusively use a monitor anyway.

So the AVM60 in terms of sound and blu ray content etc is absolutely fine. The IOTA power amp wouldn't be my first choice however.

What would be your first choice?

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
What would be your first choice?

Without going into the bigger brands, I'd say the Emotiva. If you only needed 5ch I would have done you a good deal on an Anthem A5 statement as I'm changing over to a Lyngdorf MXA at release.

Garry123

Unfortunately I'd need 7 channels.

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately I'd need 7 channels.

Yeah I see you want to do 5.1.2

Well if you want a killer base layer hit me up, you can always shove something not as good used up there eventually..........

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
ATI 1807?

Moviebuff

It's a great sounding processor, so to say it isn't worth anything is discounting the worth of 95% of the kit out there - it's a pretty stupid statement to make and poor advice to boot!

Garry123

?
avm 60 is a fanastic processor with arc genesis(as are all the anthem processors)

would personally stay as you are until you are ready for atmos, and then upgrade to 720 and see how you get on, if still requiring more power then add a power amp

Interesting, I could splash more cash on an Emotiva XPA GEN 3 5 channel and use the 710 as a processor. Then later on when I move house and I am ready for Atmos, upgrade the Emotiva and buy a new processor.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom