Anthem ARC Genesis

Yeah cheers, im just playing around atm, will prob splash out and get in touch with him, just email Quantum yeah?

I've bumped up the subs gain slightly again, changed the left sub to eq2 and also bumped the channel trim level from -8 to -2 in the ARC software, which this time definately has changed the sub response. I'll leave it for now and listen to some stuff.

Thanks all :)

Attachments

• ARC 071219_leftsub-eq2.pdf
    325.3 KB · Views: 79
Yeah cheers, im just playing around atm, will prob splash out and get in touch with him, just email Quantum yeah?

I've bumped up the subs gain slightly again, changed the left sub to eq2 and also bumped the channel trim level from -8 to -2 in the ARC software, which this time definately has changed the sub response. I'll leave it for now and listen to some stuff.

Thanks all :)
do lets us know how you get on after a couple of days listening. There are a couple of other things to try if you need improvement. But needs you to listen.

Hey guys, I own mrx720 but yet tho didn't update it to the new arc genesis, my question is, is it worth it to? Is the arc genesis a big improvement over old arc?

Next thing is can I load my old profile to new arc genesis just in case I wouldn't like it? Or can I just update to arc genesis but don't use till in ready to fiddle around and just stick with my old settings? Or once I update I need re run whole room correction?

Yes it's worth it. You have much more control over your targets. Others can possibly give a more technical answer but it sounds much better to me and I could take the sound of my system for music much easier.
You need to run new sweeps with Genisys, but you can always load your old profile from ARC2 back into the 720 if you want to (using the old software)

Agrre with above. without adjusting any of its new s
Hey guys, I own mrx720 but yet tho didn't update it to the new arc genesis, my question is, is it worth it to? Is the arc genesis a big improvement over old arc?

Next thing is can I load my old profile to new arc genesis just in case I wouldn't like it? Or can I just update to arc genesis but don't use till in ready to fiddle around and just stick with my old settings? Or once I update I need re run whole room correction?
I agree with the above. Just redoing ARC with the default settings in Genesis sounds better.

Hey guys! Had a slight change in the room so redone ARC and attached the PDF for your experts to have a look! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! One thing, it kept asking me to turn the subs down so the gain is at about the 10 o'clock position.

Attachments

• 17th Jan ARC TEST.pdf
    236 KB · Views: 141
Hey guys! Had a slight change in the room so redone ARC and attached the PDF for your experts to have a look! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! One thing, it kept asking me to turn the subs down so the gain is at about the 10 o'clock position.
First question, how does it sound to YOU, no one else can tell what want, need etc?

I maybe stating the obvious but your sub is outputting up to 2K but you‘ve got arc to limit the sub to 200hz and I think arc is just reporting it’s having problems doing that. Hope that helps

First question, how does it sound to YOU, no one else can tell what want, need etc?
Totally agree and listening now! Just seeing if there is anything obvious I am missing or any recommendations

I maybe stating the obvious but your sub is outputting up to 2K but you‘ve got arc to limit the sub to 200hz and I think arc is just reporting it’s having problems doing that. Hope that helps
I wondered why the sub line when way past the ARC line. How do I change that?

What is the rest of your system? I'm wondering why your fronts and centre don't go as low as your surrounds or backs. I'd also take a look at the sub as I would prefer an even level of output up to 80/100Hz then rolling off. However, if it sounds good to you then why do the graphs matter?

What is the rest of your system? I'm wondering why your fronts and centre don't go as low as your surrounds or backs. I'd also take a look at the sub as I would prefer an even level of output up to 80/100Hz then rolling off. However, if it sounds good to you then why do the graphs matter?
I run a 7.2 system which comprises of MK mp950 L,C,R and four MK s150t and two monolith + subs. As to the differences, I am not sure either. Previously whilst using Audyssey on my 7200, it set them to 90 and 100 all round, where as Anthem sets them really high. I am tempted to bring them all down to a 100.

With regards the subs, i used REW room simulator to find the best position for them and then run ARC on them. I had to keep turning the gain down so it is roughly on the 10 o'clock position. So, you would alter the Low-Frequency Extension Slope setup? It is currently on 4, but if I lower that it starts to flatten out and Flat puts it at a straight line from roughly middle of 70db. What would this change do?

I run a 7.2 system which comprises of MK mp950 L,C,R and four MK s150t and two monolith + subs. As to the differences, I am not sure either. Previously whilst using Audyssey on my 7200, it set them to 90 and 100 all round, where as Anthem sets them really high. I am tempted to bring them all down to a 100.

With regards the subs, i used REW room simulator to find the best position for them and then run ARC on them. I had to keep turning the gain down so it is roughly on the 10 o'clock position. So, you would alter the Low-Frequency Extension Slope setup? It is currently on 4, but if I lower that it starts to flatten out and Flat puts it at a straight line from roughly middle of 70db. What would this change do?
I would be tempted to change the sub to 2 or 1. You have a good response and flattening our will improve the bass.

I would also change the crossover to 100hz given your MK speakers.

You may also want to add about 0.6db to the room gain.

See how that sounds.

I would be tempted to change the sub to 2 or 1. You have a good response and flattening our will improve the bass.

See how that sounds.

I agree with all these points :thumbsup:

See how that sounds.
Thank you so much! I will make those changes and report back.

My thoughts FWIW.

I prefer a little more bass personally, so I would up the sub speaker level by 3 - 4 db’s. This will raise your measurement/target curve above the 75 db limit that ARC has set it at.

Then in target settings increase room gain by a couple db and add a couple of db onto deep bass boost. Experiment with room gain centre frequency and try it at 150 hz to see if you like it. It should help blend the bass.

Regarding your crossover I’m going to disagree with the 100 hz recommendations. Look at your red measurement curve for the front speakers for example, they are not able to meet the 75 db target at 100 hz, hence why ARC has set your crossovers to 120 hz - it is able to meet the target there. If you zoom in on your graph on your PC, you will be better able to pinpoint at what frequency the measurement curve drops away from 75 db. You could then try that as a starting point for crossovers and experimentation. As @fayeanddavid rightly pointed out, it’s all down to what sounds best to you.

My thoughts FWIW.

I prefer a little more bass personally, so I would up the sub speaker level by 3 - 4 db’s. This will raise your measurement/target curve above the 75 db limit that ARC has set it at.

Then in target settings increase room gain by a couple db and add a couple of db onto deep bass boost. Experiment with room gain centre frequency and try it at 150 hz to see if you like it. It should help blend the bass.

Regarding your crossover I’m going to disagree with the 100 hz recommendations. Look at your red measurement curve for the front speakers for example, they are not able to meet the 75 db target at 100 hz, hence why ARC has set your crossovers to 120 hz - it is able to meet the target there. If you zoom in on your graph on your PC, you will be better able to pinpoint at what frequency the measurement curve drops away from 75 db. You could then try that as a starting point for crossovers and experimentation. As @fayeanddavid rightly pointed out, it’s all down to what sounds best to you.

Thank you for your detailed reply, I will also try those settings and report back. Is it best practice to set all speakers at the same crossover level?

Thank you for your detailed reply, I will also try those settings and report back. Is it best practice to set all speakers at the same crossover level?

One of the cool features of Genesis is the ability to set individual crossovers and frequency corrections depending on how your speakers measure. So by all means, scrutinise where your measurement curve drops away at 75db for each set of speakers and set your crossovers to suit. Your lucky that you have a good response with your sub as high as 200 hz. You could try your crossovers a little higher than what ARC has set to see how it sounds. In theory this would take pressure away from the amp and the rest of the speakers. Your ears will let you know.

There’s some good things to try there.

Also you need to ensure you have the right distances set as this can make a difference at the crossover. I’d try the sub actual distance plus 60cm.

There are posts on here about how to set the distances right to avoid phasing issue and get better bass and spl levels at the crossover. It’s beyond the ARC software but makes a difference once right.

I’ll see if I can find the link.

Of course that's true & that's why you all get your arc files adjusted by somebody not in your room & who hasn't got your ears :D

A big thanks to @mbmapit, @orange55 and @Marshall Mike for your input! I made those changes and yes, it does sound good! I need to do some more listening, but this is a good start. I re ran ARC and started from a fresh and have attached the results, profile 1 is ARC and Profile 2 is ARC with changes. Anything obvious to change? One question I have is that my sub red line goes past 2k but ARC has it finishing just before 200hz, is there any reason for that? If I alter the high frequency extension, it moves the line, but not sure on what that will do.

A big thanks to @mbmapit, @orange55 and @Marshall Mike for your input! I made those changes and yes, it does sound good! I need to do some more listening, but this is a good start. I re ran ARC and started from a fresh and have attached the results, profile 1 is ARC and Profile 2 is ARC with changes. Anything obvious to change? One question I have is that my sub red line goes past 2k but ARC has it finishing just before 200hz, is there any reason for that? If I alter the high frequency extension, it moves the line, but not sure on what that will do.

Results aren’t attached.

Before I suggested reducing the room gain centre frequency to 150 hz, but recently I changed mine to 250 hz and prefer the results.

Although your sub is measuring up to 2k during the frequency sweep, ARC knows it’s a sub and only wants it to play bass. Remember sound becomes directional above a certain frequency and you would be conscious of the sub if it was playing higher frequencies. Leave the higher ones to your L/R speakers.

Results aren’t attached.

Before I suggested reducing the room gain centre frequency to 150 hz, but recently I changed mine to 250 hz and prefer the results.

Although your sub is measuring up to 2k during the frequency sweep, ARC knows it’s a sub and only wants it to play bass. Remember sound becomes directional above a certain frequency and you would be conscious of the sub if it was playing higher frequencies. Leave the higher ones to your L/R speakers.

Doh! Attaching now. Will change that shortly.

Attachments

• ARC TEST 1 20th Jan .pdf
    411.8 KB · Views: 90
I would try 250 for the RG centre frequency (this will increase the bass between the 100 -500 hz range) and you could try taking the deep bass boost higher and lowering the DBB centre frequency for more deep bass.

Do you want to send me your ARC file? I’m curious to see the graphs before the corrections.

I still think that your sub is rolling off far too early and quickly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom