Anthem ARC Genesis

This should hopefully drive some innovation with Dirac as both are releasing some new capabilities

Should only be a matter of days now, to it's release!

Would be nice if it released today to give us the weekend to test it out. Anthem just say still scheduled for April release

Still no news

Hurry up. I want it now.

According to Anthem 'by the end of the month' - they have 16 hours left

What’s the outcome then

Ok so they missed their self-imposed release date for April....

But isn’t it better to be late than never. And have it working correctly.

My sentiments exactly.......yes, a tad irritating they missed their date but lets wait and have a working download than something that could be buggy or require a fix every few hours/days/weeks.
We can wait, the world will still turn, this is not life impacting, so some patience and pragmatism is needed I reckon

Absolutely - but if it's the case something isn't going to be ready, then it doesn't hurt to put a statement out informing people of such.

I'm sure they'd be a lot more understanding than being met with radio silence!

Staying silent just appears to show a lack of respect for your expectant customer base.

Absolutely - but if it's the case something isn't going to be ready, then it doesn't hurt to put a statement out informing people of such.

I'm sure they'd be a lot more understanding than being met with radio silence!

Staying silent just appears to show a lack of respect for your expectant customer base.
Does seem they've missed a target date, my optimism says we will hear today, hopefully a release if not a statement

Does seem they've missed a target date, my optimism says we will hear today, hopefully a release if not a statement

As you said earlier - it is disappointing, but in context, it is only just that. I totally agree that if it's not right for release, then by all means hold back from doing so - that is absolutely the correct course of action. I think peoples frustrations with in this hobby of ours ( & others), are tested by companies that continually promise things, and then either go to market with a half baked product, or release them many months, even years after first announcing them.

I applaud a company that resists the urge to release a product that MAY have problems. I bought into Anthem as opposed to other known brands, because of their better reputation for solidness/reliability in regards to operation of product. My very recent decision to purchase an AVM60, in small part was based on the imminent release of Genesis.

However, no matter. The AVM is a superb bit of kit - Genesis will arrive, and the world will still spin. We can all speculate as to why the promised date was missed - but from a PR perspective, it may pay bucketloads in goodwill to a companies loyal customer pool, to be upfront and keep them in the loop, if problems of a keenly anticipated release are forseen.

Many a good brand has been tarnished by not doing so.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom