Antenna tv not auto-tuning

RadTech24

Novice Member
Help! I am currently trying to connect my LG webOS TV UN73006LA to antenna, but it is not doing anything. I did an auto tune on antenna cable and satellite, but none of them did anything. My location is set to United Kingdom, and I am selecting DTV, but it detects zero channels. One thing though, I am using a male to male adapter, if that matters. Someone please help!!!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You need to check there is definitely a signal coming from the aerial (and the male-male adapter) using another known working TV.
There is no point in selecting satellite as that requires a dish/LNB.

RadTech24

Novice Member
You need to check there is definitely a signal coming from the aerial (and the male-male adapter) using another known working TV.
There is no point in selecting satellite as that requires a dish/LNB.
I only have one tv and I’m not really willing to buy another one.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Did you have a working TV on that aerial point using the adapter before attempting to tune your new one?
Is that the only aerial outlet in your house?
I wasn't suggesting you buy another TV, can you temporarily borrow one from a friend, relative, neighbour?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Can you attach a picture of your antenna (aerial) point and the adapter you're attempting to use?
Did you have a working TV before this new one?
Is there an aerial or satellite dish at your property?

RadTech24

Novice Member
Did you have a working TV on that aerial point using the adapter before attempting to tune your new one?
Is that the only aerial outlet in your house?
I wasn't suggesting you buy another TV, can you temporarily borrow one from a friend, relative, neighbour?
No, and also as we use large widescreen TVs, its not really possible.

RadTech24

Novice Member
Can you attach a picture of your antenna (aerial) point and the adapter you're attempting to use?
Did you have a working TV before this new one?
Is there an aerial or satellite dish at your property?
Ok attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 28

JayCee

Distinguished Member
When tuning you need to select Antenna DTV (Not Cable or Satellite)
Did you use that aerial outlet on the wall with a previous TV?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
My money's on a fault in the aerial, it's highly unlikely your new TV is faulty.
Try a male to male aerial flylead.
Check where that aerial outlet goes to…any splitters in the aerial chain?

Last edited:

RadTech24

Novice Member
It’s not a “new” tv, we only just recently got a tv licence. We actully have 2 aerial, and 2 ports, but I’m not sure which one is which. I checked the aerial closet to the outlet, and it seemed fine expect for the fact that the cable leads into the gutter. Does this mean we have to get a electrician to examine this? Plus, the outlet is right on the wall of the neghbouring property, so it’s pretty hard to examine.

Antenna/aerial (DVB-T/T2) services only use push-in (Belling-Lee) connections - see left. Satellite dish (DVB-S/S2) services only use screw type F connections - see right.
Male-or-female-coax-and-F-connectors-600W-L5.jpg

RadTech24

Novice Member
Ok then! BTW I am defiantly using a coAx port and not a f-connector. One thing though - the cable doesn’t go in fully into the wall socket, but there is a obvious wall that is stopping it from fitting in fully. Could this cause any problems?

The connectors on both ends of your TV aerial lead/cable must look like the 'male coax' only...

Cheers

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Ok then! BTW I am defiantly using a coAx port and not a f-connector. One thing though - the cable doesn’t go in fully into the wall socket, but there is a obvious wall that is stopping it from fitting in fully. Could this cause any problems?
I'm sorry, but you’re not making much sense. Your pictures in post #7 show a standard wall-mounted coax aerial outlet plate. Behind this plate there should be a recessed box mounted in the wall that the aerial downlead enters from behind and is connected to the outlet plate.
The “wall” cannot “stop” the coax plug from being pushed fully home. As long as the centre pin of the coax plug and the outer rounded screen mesh fully with the socket that's all that's required for a good solid connection.
Best to call on the services of a local aerial company to check it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom