Antenna for mobile wifi device ?

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by davemaden, Oct 8, 2017.

1. davemaden

davemaden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Huawei E5573 mobile wifi device and want to get a good antenna for it to boost the signal so i can stream tv from it . I dont know anything about antennas , so is a bigger dB antenna better ? there are some 11dB and 35dB . i am not far from the transmitter ( mast) only a few hundred meters , but there are some trees hampering the reception , if i go near the transmitter i can get 50mbs download but in house its down to 8 or 9 . i know i can stream on 8 or 9 mbs but because its wifi to my tv box , this weakens the signal again . so is a 35dB better than 11 or am i looking at it the wrong way ? thanks

2. instigator

instigator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Are you asking about an antenna for 4g that is from the mobile phone masts to your Huawei device?

3. davemaden

davemaden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes the Huawei is 4G and the signal is just enough to get a picture onto tv via a mag box , so i just want to get a stronger signal , as im only about 300 to 400 meters from the mast but there are some trees that may be obstructing the signal . so i thought an antenna connected to my Huawei would help . What i need to know is , is it better to get a 35dB antenna rather than a 11 dB . thanks