• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Antenna advice installation and most suitable antenna please

UncleSteve

Novice Member
I have a large van with a fibreglass body on the back which over hangs the cab.

The original antenna is on the wing so heading one direction I get okayish reception, then travelling home reception is pants. Clearly the wing antenna is too low and shielded by the vehicle.

I think the way forward is to mount an antenna on the roof, so I propose fixing an aluminium plate to the van roof to have somewhere secure to mount it, however should this plate be a certain minimum size for best effect?

With regards to a suitable antenna for remote areas with poor reception, does anyone have any specific recommendations please?

Thanks for reading :)

UncleSteve

Novice Member
The old radio was very good, but now got an amplified one to try :) with yet another radio. Now gone for a well known make - Pioneer.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom