Antec Fusion VS nmedia HTPC200

sup3rc0w

Standard Member
Riight, so... it's between the Antec Fusion and THIS badboy.
I think I might go for the latter. I have been reading up on it quite a bit, and it seems to be an awesome case. VFD looks ace, covered front panels, up to 3 hdd's, M-atx .. and it's black!! :)

Please someone, help a man out and make some comments! ;)

Quickblood

The Fusion does it for me, it's the right colour, the right price and comes with a decent PSU. It would look ideal in my dream setup so that's the one I'm going for.
The nmedia puts me off simply cause it's black and it's not quite as appealing but I'd consider it if it were a fair bit cheaper than the Antec, just haven't seen anyone stock it here in the UK.
There does seem to be a real lack of cheap plasticky HTPC cases which with my budget is what I'd happily go for. Where are the £30 HTPC cases with crappy PSUs, I'll take one.

sup3rc0w

Standard Member
Yea I know what u mean.
Thing is, HTPC's in general are still quite in the "early adopter" stage, so you can expect to pay according prices.

PeteD64

Novice Member
What's the cooling like? The twin 12cm fans in the Antec do a good job of keeping my CPU cool & they're pretty quiet.

Also how programmable is that VFD? Looks like it will only date/time & temp to me. Can you get it to display track names & times?

sup3rc0w

Standard Member
What's the cooling like? The twin 12cm fans in the Antec do a good job of keeping my CPU cool & they're pretty quiet.

Also how programmable is that VFD? Looks like it will only date/time & temp to me. Can you get it to display track names & times?
I'm not 100% certain to be honest with you.
I have read reviews which state that it's exeedingly quiet, I'm not that concerned about temps, since it won't be overclocked at all.
I'll read up on the VFD some more

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom