Antec 300 vs Antec 300(EU)

stevemcc

Standard Member
Can anyone tell me the difference between an Antec 300 and an Antec 300(EU)?
The (EU) version always seems to be more expensive, not sure if it comes with more fans or something?

I'm just about to order one for my new build and want to make sure I've got the right one?

Cheers

tekman

Standard Member
Yer i know what you mean this has confused the hell out of me. My guess is they are just the same but i'm not sure. I think they are identical it just depends which site it comes from, or maybe it is that there is sound proofing.

stevemcc

Standard Member
I'm guessing the same thing, some sites quote with the (EU) others don't but the all seem to be the same part number 0761345-08300-3 and all about the same price £45ish.

tekman

Standard Member
Yer i just think get it from cheapest place. They all look the same and all the overclockers reviews say it is amazing but just remember the extra fans and the ones it has are noisy! Also about £42.99 form both overclockers and scan depending on if you have free delievery!

stevemcc

Standard Member
Thanks guys I will be ordering next week,
I think I will try the stock fans out first before I go spending my hard earned,
I'm deaf as a post anyway so as long as they move plenty of air happy days!

Frisby

Standard Member
I think I am going to be using this case for my first build soon as well. Are the stock fans very good or will I need to use aftermarket ones?
I am planning to overclock it at some point if that makes a difference.

ninja 12

I think I am going to be using this case for my first build soon as well. Are the stock fans very good or will I need to use aftermarket ones?
I am planning to overclock it at some point if that makes a difference.

The stock fans ( 12cm on the back and a 14cm on the top ) have a three speed switch on them . I have mine at the lowest setting and they shift a lot of air , while remaining very quiet . Turned up full , the case would probably take off , and it sounds like a jet engine .

I have a Silverstone 12 cm fan in front of my hard drive , and it's noisier than the Antec Fans .

I'm running an Athlon II x4 620 @ 3.2ghz ( stock is 2.6 ) , and my idle temps are about 27-30 degrees C and load temp is about 53 degrees C using the stock cooler ( after running prime95 for about 30 mins ) , with an ambient room temp of 20 degrees .

Frisby

Standard Member
Okay, thanks that sounds like it will be more than good enough then, especially since I am planning on buying an aftermarket heatsink + fan or maybe even the corsair H50 water cooling system for the CPU anyway.

thestepster

i used to own one and i still would if i didnt need more space, the coolin is amazing, the fans are great and have 3 speeds settings so u can tone them to your need and i think the diff between here and america is TAX :mad:

and the H50 is a great wee cooler its equal on the high end air cooling without the worry about space!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom