Question Answered ..Replacement for KD75XE9405

PhilCTTE

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After my son managed to smash the panel on this TV I'm waiting on the insurance to offer a replacement. Luckily have a new for old insurance in place.
Been trawling page after to page in regards reviews and comparisons between this and the XF9005
model. Which was the direct replacement .
Anyone managed to compare them both ?
Does it have the same number of back array panels ?
Or if there is the opportunity from the insurance for a new model, what would be your choice ?
I'm pretty sure I wont get the XG range as a replacement , but who knows.
Is the Sony range the best for you money currently or should I look at the QLED offerings by Samsung?

Many thanks

The xf is the replacement for the xe9005 the xe94 has 4 times the zones and goes brighter i think you need to look at Samsung or the xg95

The XG95 also has less zones than the XE94 and isn’t really a replacement. At 75” it’ll also have the wide viewing angle filter which stymied contrast on the ZF9.

Thanks for replies. I've looked and when I phoned the one site I found , they didn't have it.
I think I had one of last in the country from Sevenoaks.
The major problem now is how do I highlight this to the insurance company in regards to the manufacturers specification . They don't tend to list the number of zones and certainly don't go into the detail as per some of these tests made on line from reviewers.
I can see a lot of arguing heading my way ...
Anyone had experience in regards this ?

Won't they give you like a credit note and then you can choose what you want maybe Samsung q9fn from last year they should be a good price now

I shall find out tomorrow ..but the problem will be trying to prove that this model is superior to the XF9005. Just by comparing published spec lists alone.

Last edited:
Where would one stand in regards new for old policy when I paid £2300 on a TV that when new was somewhere around £4500 ?.(I believe).
Can’t see them giving me more just because the latest models don’t perform as well.
Looks like I will be losing out

If you only paid 2300 you won't get more than that regardless of how much it cost. How did you manage to buy a xe94 for that much in the first place i have had mine a year and it was 3500

Bought it last August , when Sevenoaks wanted to get rid of the older model. Spent a long time looking for one. Gutted !

I feel for you. There’s no doubt the Sony ZD9/XE93/94 represented the high-water mark for Sony LED development and everything since has fallen short in one way or another.
If I were you I’d push for a cash settlement and go look at what Samsung have to offer in 2019.

Your argument should be yours was the second best Sony tv of the period, sitting below the ZD9. So now you have the ZF9 and then the XG95.

If they offer a cash settlement of £2300 then that leaves the Sony XF9005 as only one within budget. The Samsung Q9FN is £3500 @ 75”.

There’s really nothing else out there. Panasonic don’t do good lcd sets, same goes for LG.

And the answer from insurers firstly were to offer a KD75F8596 Edge lit .. So a discussion on FALD and direct led local dimming was had and the next TV in the range was the KD75F9005 at £2299 .. So I've taken the money and will wait until easter for any sales ...

You selling yours :smashin:?

Redirecting to the shop

All I could find on the net for sale, don't know if its still available or not.
But they are a stunning TV set, mine looks amazing and the picture quality is stunning.

Redirecting to the shop

All I could find on the net for sale, don't know if its still available or not.
But they are a stunning TV set, mine looks amazing and the picture quality is stunning.

Not available ..I spotted that , gave them a ring. And they said oh sorry we should have removed it from our site . That was a week ago!

Cheers for post .

Cheers that one was also pointed out. In the end found a really good deal on a LG 77” C8 today. Haven’t got round to updating post.

Many thanks

Cheers that one was also pointed out. In the end found a really good deal on a LG 77” C8 today. Haven’t got round to updating post.

Many thanks
How much did you shell out for the 77" C8 ?

I managed to discuss further the amount my Sony would cost to replace . At first they offered me an XF9005 then I negotiated upto a XG95 .. so managed to get £3999 .
I was pondering for ages whether I should settle for the QLED Q9FN, but went to Sevenoaks for a demo ..they offered me a good price . But then someone on the LG forum mentioned about a £200 voucher...and it worked ...so that was it really fate . Got it for £4700 Richer Sounds delivered with 6 year warranty

I managed to discuss further the amount my Sony would cost to replace . At first they offered me an XF9005 then I negotiated upto a XG95 .. so managed to get £3999 .
I was pondering for ages whether I should settle for the QLED Q9FN, but went to Sevenoaks for a demo ..they offered me a good price . But then someone on the LG forum mentioned about a £200 voucher...and it worked ...so that was it really fate . Got it for £4700 Richer Sounds delivered with 6 year warranty
That's a great price for the 77" :smashin:
So have you had it delivered ? If so what do you think of the picture and the motion ?
I did have an LG 65" E6 OLED but sold it on because I hated the motion processing and replaced it with the Sony XE9405 which was in a different league with picture processing and motion handling.

Delivery is this week . Phoning today to see about paying extra for next day delivery. Yes motion processing will be interesting, although demoing in the store I did not notice it.
I’m mainly Films and TV Netflix , Prime or Sky Q with the odd uhd via the Oppo.
I am slightly concerned about how much my daughter watches you tube a day. So I will try and reduce the number of hours The you tube logo is displayed in regards permanent image retention.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom