Answered:Canon XA11 with Handle Unit-Using XLR Mic but built in microphone still recording sound too

judgekemp

Novice Member
Reaction score
We are running a wireless mic into a mixer, then sending audio from mixer to XLR input one on Canon HDU-1 handle unit with Canon XA11. Unfortunately, the camera is still picking up the built in microphone sound from the XA11.

This camera seems finicky on the order you plug in each element (power, audio, turning on, etc.). I can't tell if it is an issue where it isn't recognizing something because of the order elements are plugged in, or if there is a setting I can't find in the menu (I have looked at virtually all of them).

Has anyone else experienced this audio issue? I'd like to have quality sound recording just through the XLR plug-in. It has worked in the past fine. This seems like a recent issue.

Have you read page 76 of the manual?
"Switch the input terminal on/off switch to off"
This sounds like a potential solution for the line-in mics, but actually does not work for the use of XLR mic.

On the bright side, we discovered the issue today. A setting in the Mac itself was triggering the Mac mic. So, we weren’t getting the camera mic-we were getting secondary sound from the computer itself.

It was a good reminder to view the entire process and not just focus on what you believe to be the offending component.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom