Another Yamaha or Denon Thread...V6a vs X2700H

JamesBall

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to a new avr towards the end of the year and as a current Yamaha owner I was going to upgrade seeing as they've just released their latest receivers.
I still use older consoles N64 etc and see that the V6a doesn't have component inputs whereas the Denon does. The Denon also has slightly higher power and 2x HDMI out.

I haven't heard a Denon system but am happy with the sound my Yamaha currently produces and will be using the avr for music & movies.

If anyone has switched from Yamaha to Denon or the other way, any opinions would be appreciated.

Given that you need or want analogue video support and inputs then the decision is already made for you. It would be pointless you buying a receiver that will not allow you to make any analogue video connections if you've devices you wish to use that have analogue video outputs.

The higher power rating is neither here nor there. The differences are marginal.

The 2 HDMI outs are only of any importance if you intend having more than one display or a display plus a PJ within the same room.

I've had both Denon and Yamaha receivers, but generally higher tier models. I do favour the Yamaha signature sound though. The Denon receivers sound very accurate with movie soundtracks, but less engaging with stereo and or music sources.

Last edited:
Given that you need or want analogue video support and inputs then the decision is already mase. It would be pointless you buying a receiver that will not allow you to make any analogue video connections if you've devices you wish to use that have analogue video outputs.

The higher power rating is neither here nor there. The differences are marginal.

The 2 HDMI outs are only of any importance if you intend having more than one display or a display plus a PJ within the same room.

I've had both Denon and Yamaha receivers, but generally higher tier models. I do favout the Yamaha signature sound though. The DEnon receivers sound very accurate with movie soundtracks, but less engaging with stereo and or music sources.
Thanks for your input. An alternative for the analogue if opting for the Yamaha, I could connect the consoles directly to the tv.

If you are happy to have the analogue device connected to the TV then that would be fine :)

I would stick with Yamaha if music is a priority as the Denons are not that great with stereo music. I own a high tier Denon and will not use it for music other than multi channel SACD.

Looking to upgrade to a new avr towards the end of the year and as a current Yamaha owner I was going to upgrade seeing as they've just released their latest receivers.
I still use older consoles N64 etc and see that the V6a doesn't have component inputs whereas the Denon does. The Denon also has slightly higher power and 2x HDMI out.

I haven't heard a Denon system but am happy with the sound my Yamaha currently produces and will be using the avr for music & movies.

If anyone has switched from Yamaha to Denon or the other way, any opinions would be appreciated.

Being an owner of the Denon X series, having owned X500, X2300W, I can easily recommend Yamaha over Denons. Yamaha has a very well rounded sound with lots of mid punch, and are a little energetic without being harsh.

They do pretty well for music, much better than Denon. My Elac B6.2s & C6.2 sounded thin & lifeless with the Denon X2300W, with my new Yamaha the sound has opened up a lot. I can feel the true potential of what the Elacs can do finally.

Even in the stereo mode, it fills my house with quality sound, Yamaha is heavier than their Denon counterparts, which actually proves that Yamaha has a beefier amp but not to forget, quality DACs.

There's been a lot of hype about Audio research science, where the Denon X3600H gets the 2nd place, I really don't buy it. Measurements alone don't prove how a Device will sound, only the ears are the witness.

I would suggest, the Aventage RX-A1080.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom