1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another xbox modding thread (XBIT)

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by H4r7y, Oct 29, 2004.

1. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone put one of these in an xbox before?
    the xbox in question is a 1.4 or 1.5 i cant tell as i have no multi meter to test it with.
    so anyways, ive put the chip in and had it frag-ing a few times on me but ive got rid of that by wiggling the chip about a bit. now all i get is the MS dashboard, i havnt flashed the mod yet, but is this normal as im still not really knowing if the mod is working etc. as i still dont know if its a 1.5 or not.
    also does anyone know the correct switch settings for the xbit as i cant find it anywhere.

cheers

please help me out, as ive got a copy of san andreas sitting here not getting any play until i do this
    :(

2. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please help me out as this is doing my nut in!
    anyone know if this frag-ging is due to the xbit not being installed properly? or could it be because its a 1.5 xbox?
    ive now flashed the bios to as many of the 256k banks and have been messing around with the switches on the back, some will boot to the ms dashboard, and the other times it will turn on, off, on again and off then on and start to frag.
    ANY help would be so welcome
    :)

3. mitch

mitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +404
    have you tried the xboxscene forums?there is usally a lot of help on there

4. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah ive tried looking everywhere for decent information on the xbit mod, but to be quite honest the chips are total *****e! i wont be using one of these again and its going back to be traded for an xecuter modchip instead. the xbit's are awful.