1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another WIPEOUT game?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Lex, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Wipeout Fusion is one of my all time fave games, but I have played it to death - is there any news on a sequel? Had a quick search, but couldn't find anything... :(

I bought XG3 and Quantum Redshift (on the XBOX) but nothing comes close to WF...

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,349
    No idea, but Wipeout 2097 is one of my all time favourite games. I'm tempted to buy a PS-2 just to be able to play the Wipeout games again...

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do it! :thumbsup:

Have you played Wipeout Fusion? Best racing game ever imho Great graphics, great courses, great controls - terrifically fast, but it's the soundtrack that really makes it great :smashin:

PS I have the Wipeout 2097 soundtrack on CD - Prodigy, Photek, FSOL, Chemical Bros... class :cool:

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Yeah must say Wipeout Fusion is a class game - and the series still provides the best futuristic racing outthere IMO. 2097 is possibly better gameplay wise in certain areas but the graphics in Fusion are class. The sound is great in both but IMO 2097 just pips it as I prefer the tunes - was chemical beats (by the chem bros) in 2097 or just in the 1st one - awsome tune to race to! It's about time another sequel came out though, perhaps this time with online play :clap:

5. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,117
    Heh, my view is that Fusion is the worst in the series, the ship physics are awful, they had to stick the ships to the floor to allow the track design and the slowdown is a no-no.

2097 was the best in the series, this had me playing for weeks and weeks and I still pop it on now and again.

F-Zero GX is far better than Fusion IMO, as it is faster, better track design and far better physics. But it still doesn't come close to 2097.

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Regardless of whether Fusion was the best, I thought it was commercially successful so am surprised there hasn't been a sequel... :(

7. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Fusion is brilliant, but the sequel has to have the ability for 4 player multirace via the multitap (i mean, if they can incorporate on line on games, there's no excuse for missing out the more "basic" multitap ability).

8. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do you have a GC, Lex? If you do then I'd recommend F Zero. IMO it's infinitely better than any of the Wipeout games.

I do like them, but they are just poor F Zero clones IMO

9. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,349
    Is a Gamecube worth picking up cheap to get F Zero?

10. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think it is but others may not. It's a very hard game, particularly on the Expert and Master diffficulties, and the Story mode is scarily hard.

It's a fantastic game though. Insanely fast - probably the fastest game - perfectly smooth (no frame rate problems with 30 opponents and incredible textures) and very addictive as well.

11. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Unfortunately I only have a PS2 & XBOX - like Smurfin I am toying with the idea of getting a GC cheap - Most GC games don't appeal to me, but there are half a dozen games on it which I really fancy, and now you're tempting me further! :mad: :D

12. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    For the kind of prices you can buy a 2nd hand one for, they're worth it just to play F Zero, Metroid and the Resident Evil games. Expect Resi 4 to be one of the defining games of this generation.:eek:

There are dozens of brilliant (exclusive) games though. The 'kiddie' games, as most people refer to them as, are easily worth buying a Cube for - they contain some of the deepest, most innovative and enjoyable games of this generation; Monkey Ball and Viewtiful Joe, to name a couple, have given me more hours of enjoyment than 90% of the PS2's library and are far more enjoyable than anything I've seen on the 'Box. I'm certainly not trying to have a dig at the other consoles...just saying what the situation is in my opinion :)