Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Another widescreen question

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by rwgdegraaf, Jan 9, 2003.

1. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there,

I know that everyone is asking as i read, but i am new to this group and not very familiair with the tv technology.

I am going to buy a new widescreen but i am getting really confused by reading all this.

I like the Panasonic TX32PL30/TX28PL30 and the Sony 32FQ80 (isn't there a 28FQ80???), but i don't know it anymore. First of all I was planning to buy a Philips pixelplus, but after reading lots of bad messages I wasn't and then I read the panasonic was very good and then someone told me the panasonic isn't that good and that i really must buy the sony! Very confusing!

I really need some info from you! Are there really changes in quality between the 28" and the 32" other than the size?
    Do the Panasonic and the sony both some kind of pixelplus (i thought so) and which technique is better and last but not lease what are your opinions which should i buy?

The sony is very expensive but if this is a really good telli i am going for it, who is going to help me please?

By the way, the sound isn't very important to me!
    Thanks a lot, Rene

2. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Rene

before you judge on what people say on this forum go and see the product in the shop and take your dvd of your choice and make him play it for you. you never know people making bad remarks could actually be from competitor companies in order to sway your opinion!!. The toshiba 32zd26 is a very nice model as far as picture quality and I have also seen the pixel plus model 9617 and thought it had the best picture for dvd out of all of them. Before I saw the picture I was reading that the picture was like a home video camera but I thought it was brilliant and from then on just trust what I actually see!! But on the downside these
    vertical bars I have seen them on dark scenes in the shop that I have seen the 9617 but you had to be really close to see them and the only on dark scenes. But apparently this is evident in most brand tvs, but not everyone gets them.

good luck anyway

I want to buy this month but I dont think I can wait for the plasmas to go down in price!

3. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Evans,

Thank you for your answer. I want to buy this month also and it won't be a plasma either. I never looked at the toshiba and i never trusted the Philips brand, I have no experience in Panasonic either.
    Now i have a JVC widescreen but i don't like the viewing of it, it has vertical bars with colour difference and the screen is not very bright either that is why i now want a screen with very good viewing joy!
    I live in holland and in every shop they will support the philips brand and the pw9527 did get an eisa award so you should think they must be good?
    What do you think is 32" better than 28" i read somewhere that 32" is always better but i don't see why?

I am a little affraid to buy a television now i really don't have a clue which model i should go for?

4. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    rene

go definately for the 32 inch unless you will put it in a very small room and then the 28 will be better , but why not go for the 32 it is more of a cinema experiance than the 28 which for me is just to small. Also if you watch analogue tv then if you switch to 4:3 mode or 14:9 mode to watch it then on the 28 it will be alot smaller area of viewing.

I am too a bit suspicious of the philips for built quality! But picture quality is important too in order to enjoy the thing I guess.

Anyway look for the toshiba zd26, you can get good bargain this month I think. Also jvc is coming out with a very good model that rivals the philips in picture quality this month that has similar technology to the philips pixel plus but without the problems of it.

good luck

why cant you trust the philips? since your living there. Does it have a bad name or something?