1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another 'Which new TV' thread!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by broona, Sep 10, 2004.

1. broona

broona

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Right, seems the JVC HV36P38SJ I ordered from Currys is going to fall through, so I'm in the market for a different TV.

Maximum budget is £1000, and I need a retailer who does some kind of credit scheme, can't quite afford that amount upfront. ;)

The main thing I'd like the TV to have is HDTV support to make the most of my Xbox, which was my main reason behind the JVC. Which CRT's support this?

Currys have a Toshiba 36ZP38B for £1000 or a Panasonic TX36PL32 for £930 (no HDTV I know, but the Tosh just looks nice), any good? John Lewis also have the JVC HV-32D40, which looks stunning and has HDTV, for £995.

Any opinions gladly received. :smashin:

2. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba would be great at that price, but I asked in Curry's the other evening about it, and the (unusually helpful) sales assistant looked it up on the computerised stock system and there are officially NONE in any Currys stores in the UK :(
    He said I *could* order one and 'see if one turns up'... but my credit card would be charged straightaway and there would be no guarantee that they could find one... then I could get a refund after 2 weeks or whenever I chose.

The Currys website won't allow you to order one, saying there are none in stock BUT..... the Dixons website will!
    Strange as they are both in the DSG Group and the Currys sales assistant told me the stock system included Dixons stores, so I dunno

If you *do* manage to get a 36" Tosh at this price please LMK :)

Cheers,
    J.B.