1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Which DV Cam question!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by porker, Apr 3, 2002.

1. porker

porker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi,
    I would like to apologise in advance for this post, you obviously get lots of similar questions asked from newbie's like myself but I would appreciate the help if someone can spare the time.
    I have a budget of about £750 and would like a digital camcorder mainly to be used for holidays..etc., nothing too serious although I would like to do some editing using my PC eventually.
    I would also be using the cam while paragliding, using one of those tiny cams taped to my helmet, it would therefore need to have an analogue input. Another requirement is compact size, the smaller the better (not a lot of stash space in my harness!).

The models I have been checking out are:- The Canon MV4i, Sony DCR PC6 (+ widget) and JVC DVP3, all of which I have seen for under £750.

My questions are as follows:-
    Do all these machines meet MY requirements? ( I realize they are probably not enthusiasts camcorders)
    Are there any clear winners amongst them? OR could you recommend any other models?
    Are features such as onboard digital effects just gimmicks, can't these be done on a PC during editing?
    I noticed the MV3i is still available at some retailers yet it is more expensive (by about 100 notes) than its replacement, what gives??
    Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.